No announcement yet.

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That fish had a hard life. She's a bit beat up. Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
      That fish had a hard life. She's a bit beat up. Nice work.
      I noticed that as well. Porpoises or shark on the missing tail fin and the scar?

Comment

Originally posted by goofiefoot View Post
        My dad hooked up with a fat girl yesterday morning (don't tell Mom). 23.5" - she was released and swam away strong!

Congrats to your Dad on a nice fish!

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
          I noticed that as well. Porpoises or shark on the missing tail fin and the scar?
          Croaker fisherman

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
              They also weigh something like 1/4 oz so you can sling it a mile
              Do they spin when you cast them? The one I tried was helicopter, twisting up my line. It was the hard plastic version.
              Last edited by B&C; 08-30-2022, 08:51 AM. Reason: more detail

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
                My guess is porpoises. We picked her up in an area that is overrun with them. Typically when we get into a biting school, the dolphins are right there chasing them up to the boat, and waiting for them to be thrown back in to scoop them up. They weren't around Sunday, so this one had a good chance to swim free.

Comment

Kid came in town and his first gigging trip this morning. Windy and dirty but scratched out a few. Kicked a bunch. No door mat fish but enough for him to have a meal or three
                  Attached Files

Comment

Awesome box Sir!

I’ve been fishing a few times in the last few weeks. Haven’t been able to get out of the dink’s. Have fished a few different spots, but have been catching nothing but dink’s.

Took the kayak out with the wife, and tried my hardest to catch some redfish. Caught small flounder, dink’s , and Gaftop’s on Topwater. No Dang redfish.

Picked my my niece and nephew last weekend and tried putting them on some fish. Nope, more dink’s. They did have a blast though.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good times there Fish!

Comment

My buddy is going to give me some spots to try, but anyone want to share some West Bay area places to try? Will be leaving out of jamaica beach (have a canal house rented) and hitting the intercoastal. where to go from there? Anywhere I can hit in West bay without sticking the boat on a sandbar or Oyster Reef from there?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                          My buddy is going to give me some spots to try, but anyone want to share some West Bay area places to try? Will be leaving out of jamaica beach (have a canal house rented) and hitting the intercoastal. where to go from there? Anywhere I can hit in West bay without sticking the boat on a sandbar or Oyster Reef from there?
                          Straight out north from Jamaica beach along the old intracoastal. It closer to north shore or drifting anywhere in that area. Used to be some old poles along that area. Drifting down around Greens is or can be good. You will run more into trouble down around pass or closer to shore around confederate reef or N & S deer island.

Comment

We just got a place in Port A, I’ve fished and ran around Matagorda a good bit but this area is totally new to me. My boats probably not the best for down here (pathfinder 2400 trs) but if anyone wants to jump on and show me around the bays here or rockport area and try to catch a few fish or if someone doesn’t mind me jumping on their boat I’ll buy your gas. Just want to go out with someone who knows the area and can show me around. Thank yall!

Comment

Originally posted by CP121 View Post
                              We just got a place in Port A, I’ve fished and ran around Matagorda a good bit but this area is totally new to me. My boats probably not the best for down here (pathfinder 2400 trs) but if anyone wants to jump on and show me around the bays here or rockport area and try to catch a few fish or if someone doesn’t mind me jumping on their boat I’ll buy your gas. Just want to go out with someone who knows the area and can show me around. Thank yall!
                              I can send you the spot my father in law loves to go because it’s easy to get to with his boat. You’ll catch fish but will have to grind for a keeper

Comment

Originally posted by CP121 View Post
                                Anyplace along Traylor Island or screws the bay on the San Jose shoreline. Aransas is a deep bay with just a couple of reefs at the north end.

Comment

Working...
                                X