Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
    Completely agree with this.

Have had gulf and east coast oysters, and no comparison in flavor and size. Gulf all the way.

Sucks to hear this news. Seems like I heard something bad was coming for next season a few weeks ago also.

J
    This isn’t gonna improve untill Louisiana resources are healthy and season can reopen at full capacity and keep the boats working in LA. What happened is when LA was shut down last year all the boats came to Texas and completely wiped out the oysters within days. Private reefs are still producing with very high demand yielding high prices and small oysters to meet the demand.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      What happened is when LA was shut down last year all the boats came to Texas and completely wiped out the oysters within days.
      I can’t believe coon-arses would do such a thing………

It’s almost like it’s a stereotype.

Comment

This isn’t gonna improve untill Louisiana resources are healthy and season can reopen at full capacity and keep the boats working in LA. What happened is when LA was shut down last year all the boats came to Texas and completely wiped out the oysters within days. Private reefs are still producing with very high demand yielding high prices and small oysters to meet the demand.
        Ah, so this is why TPWD shutdown several harvest areas early this year.

J

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
          I ordered a dozen grilled a few weeks ago and didn't ask about market price lol. They were like $30 and not that great. Thanks a lot biden
          Pimps don't have to ask price.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
            Pimps don't have to ask price.
            Tru dat lol. But when I was eating each one of those $3 nuggets a little bigger than your thumbnail I was sure thinking about it

Comment

Smoked Florida river oysters put so much lead in my pencil makes me write my name in chinese.

Comment

Do they have any idea when the La beds will recover so they can reopen? I can't seem to find anything online.

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                  Ah, so this is why TPWD shutdown several harvest areas early this year.

J
                  Bingo. Completely depleted resources.
                  Last edited by Gumbo Man; 08-04-2022, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                    The best I have ever had were from Prince Edward Island and absolutely incredible
                    That’s the Better Half’s favorite! I enjoy the NorthWest and NorthEast more these days. Don’t touch the gulf stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                      The problem with gulf oysters is marketing. You need to come up with a good, identifiable brand for your product Lee. Something other than "gulf oysters". You see how they do it elsewhere in the US. Do that. Pick a local place name and turn that into your oyster brand. Build the image and market it. The perfect tides, perfect salinity, long growing season all come together to produce a superior oyster, etc, etc.

Hurry up and get it going. I need some new structure over there to fish.
                      Alpha Slip Oysters!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                        The problem with gulf oysters is marketing. You need to come up with a good, identifiable brand for your product Lee. Something other than "gulf oysters". You see how they do it elsewhere in the US. Do that. Pick a local place name and turn that into your oyster brand. Build the image and market it. The perfect tides, perfect salinity, long growing season all come together to produce a superior oyster, etc, etc.

Hurry up and get it going. I need some new structure over there to fish.

Chinquapin oysters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matty Daddy's Gourmet Oysters, lovingly harvested from the crystal waters of Matagorda Bay. Free range, gluten free, Non-GMO, cruelty free. *

* May contain trace amounts of methamphetamines and soft plastic lures. Manufacturer not responsible for appearance due to prop scars. For every 500 buckets purchased receive a free fishing trip with Capt. Glenn.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
                            Matty Daddy's Gourmet Oysters, lovingly harvested from the crystal waters of Matagorda Bay. Free range, gluten free, Non-GMO, cruelty free. *

* May contain trace amounts of methamphetamines and soft plastic lures. Manufacturer not responsible for appearance due to prop scars. For every 500 buckets purchased receive a free fishing trip with Capt. Glenn.
                            I laughed way too hard at "trace amounts of methamphetamines".

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post

If I ever need a marketing agent your my man. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                That’s the Better Half’s favorite! I enjoy the NorthWest and NorthEast more these days. Don’t touch the gulf stuff.

Ive had at least a dozen different “exotic” oysters and almost all were amazing. I think a part of our oysters being considered of an inferior taste raw on the half shell is due to their size. You dont get a hint of oyster. You get a thing the size of your tongue sliding into your mouth.

I dont chew cold water oysters. They are dressed or not and slid into the mouth to almost dissolve or come apart in the mouth. Gulf oysters have to be almost chewed. For cooking applications the gulf is king though. I want to chomp apart a po boy or grilled ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X