What GOD has done for my family!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What GOD has done for my family!!

Well, this might get lengthy…. But feel like I should share! First off, I want to tell anyone that listens that God does crazy things, at crazy times, for some crazy people!! He has blessed me and my family beyond deserving measure!! Here goes….

In the past 7 years God blessed me with a wife, 2 boys, a business, wife’s crazy good job, and our new to us dream place! We had struggled the past 4yrs with our finances and our spiritual walk with Christ. I did the most stupid and selfish thing any man could ever do to his wife, and somehow found grace and forgiveness. Ever since, things started to change!!

I started a metal erecting business with not a single dollar to our name! Borrowed money and scraped to get by for the first 6 months. I can honestly remember paying the guys, walking in the house, and just breaking down to my wife telling her I don’t know how we’re going to make it! Slowly but surely things got a little better and we were “ok” for the moment. Then the china virus hit us full speed!!! The world started getting crazy and materials/cost sky rocketed!!! I thought I was going back on the road and going to have to give it up….. but then…. All of sudden, it seemed like the phone wouldn’t stop ringing!! I quickly learned how to bid jobs better, and learn from countless boneheaded mistakes. I have 2 employees that have been with me since day 1. They really are the backbone of what we do. One is family, and the other is basically family. Without these men, we would have never made it!!

Then, out of nowhere we came home one day to a flooded out house!!! Everything was soaked and ruined all through it. Floors, drywall, cabinets, etc etc all ruined!! So the 4 of us moved into a camper on an rv park while we dealt with insurance and remodeling. That took a toll on us big time and we could feel the pressure. Out of the blue we decided to sell the house and start fresh. Well, realtor came out and gave us an idea on what we’d be looking at getting. I knew the market was crazy, but not THAT CRAZY! We sold our house and found a little piece of property that we liked outside of town. We put a contract on it and immediately found out that the restrictions wouldn’t allow us to live the way we wanted! No metal house, no animals, no guns, etc etc…. So the search was back on…. We lived in the camper for 13 months until we found what we have now.

My wife is not a visual person at all!! She could never see what I saw in this place. 43ac with pine timber, hard wood creek bottom, pond in the back, and a hill I picked out for our shop and house. We immediately put plant to motion and before we knew it, we were new property owners!! It was a dream come true!! We purchased this lace last December and have been busting out tails to get to where we are!! I cut in a drive way and knocked the pad into place. Built my shop/man cave that we currently live in now. Put in a pond that needs about 18 more feet of water in it!! And we have our house erected and framed currently!!

Through this, my wife has struggled with her job. She was dealt a losing hand in the position she was in and the stress was seriously becoming a problem!! She came to me and she wanted to quit, but knew the outcome if she did. She works for a food distributor and with everything going crazy, her position was slowly getting phased out it seemed. One evening we were just talking and she was looking at in house job openings. Low and behold, a VP of national accounts job was posted and she applied. We found out last week after many interviews that she been offered the job!!! Before excepting it, we both prayed for guidance to show us if this is right…. I kid you not, that day they released that her job title was changing and was going to restructured and not in a good way…. Here’s your sign!!

I know it’s a long read, and I appreciate anyone that reads this…. I just feel like I should share a little testimony of what has accrued in my life the past 6yrs. There is lots more to it without going into detail, but seriously….. through Christ, all things are possible. It took me a while to figure out that he has my back, even when I don’t deserve it! The Grace he shows is amazing!! I’m still not the perfect example of a Christian, but I love my lord and savior!! Thank you God for all
    You’ve done and sending your only son to die on the cross for my sins!!

Pictures with details coming soon… lots of them!!
    Sry again for the long read

Great story and testimony Sir. So awesome you are giving Him the glory. Well done and I appreciate you sharing with us.

Comment

Congrats buddy! That is a great testimony and I am happy for you and your family. Please share the pics when you can

Comment

Great story and blessing. Congrats.

Comment

That’s a great read! Thanks for sharing and prayers for continued blessings.

Comment

Great story and testimony. Thanks for your humility, transparency, and willingness to give God the credit for your current situation. Really happy for you and your family!

Comment

Great story and testimony. Looking forward to more details

Comment

I never read threads that long, but glad I did. Many blessings going forward. No one is perfect.

Comment

Very cool! God is Good!!

Comment

Great testimony! May the Good Lord continue to bless you and your family.

Comment

Awesome testimony. I too have been extremely blessed. Your story sort of reminds me of a sermon I listened to recently talking about living with a "but God" attitude. Saying when you're dealt a bad hand, interrupt it with "but God"...

Ex: Covid tried to shut my business down, "but God" made the phones ring off the hook. Through God all is possible, he can and will change your story if you ask. I've learned that even without asking, he has changed my story, Its just up to me to see it.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Good things happen with hard work

Comment

Great testimony and props to you for recognizing your blessings and where they come from.

Comment

Thank you Jesus for pouring out your blessing on this man and his family. It rewards us all to hear his testimony and his praise and glory for You.
                            Gratitude IS the attitude and there's no one who deserves our gratitude more than Jesus.
                            You're on a good path sir and I pray it continues to be a long and prosperous one for you and your family. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful testimony.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                              Awesome testimony. I too have been extremely blessed. Your story sort of reminds me of a sermon I listened to recently talking about living with a "but God" attitude. Saying when you're dealt a bad hand, interrupt it with "but God"...

Ex: Covid tried to shut my business down, "but God" made the phones ring off the hook. Through God all is possible, he can and will change your story if you ask. I've learned that even without asking, he has changed my story, Its just up to me to see it.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
                              These are great words to live by. So many people miss the rainbow because they keep looking back at the storm they already went through or looking for the next storm to come. I used to be that way. I was always saying "why me?" instead of looking for the "but God". I can testify here and now that "but God" can change you life. Thank you for posting this!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X