No announcement yet.

If you like catching a mess of trout to eat, you're going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best debate came after the freeze and what could be done to protect the trout population. Limit the catch to 3 fish any size. First three fish caught and switch to another species. 3 and done, no culling. That way all those fish everyone goes thru to get an 18-24" fish is avoided and a lost less stress on the resource. I'm a biologist and it makes a lot of sense, but like we talked about it the TT guys would blow a gasket if they could not pursue that 30 incher. A lot of the time biological assessment is second to political pressure regardless of where it's coming from.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Where do all these nosy nincompoops come from? Keeping fish is just the tip of the iceberg. Some people spend 23 hours of each day in other peoples business. Frustrating!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        He talked to your son after we spoke. He wanted to clear the air because there was obviously a miscommunication, with him and your son and then you decided to start this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Lol. Aint nobody like facts!
        Originally posted by tx.biologist View Post
        Best debate came after the freeze and what could be done to protect the trout population. Limit the catch to 3 fish any size. First three fish caught and switch to another species. 3 and done, no culling. That way all those fish everyone goes thru to get an 18-24" fish is avoided and a lost less stress on the resource. I'm a biologist and it makes a lot of sense, but like we talked about it the TT guys would blow a gasket if they could not pursue that 30 incher. A lot of the time biological assessment is second to political pressure regardless of where it's coming from.

I can get behind this. Now only if the biologist on the TPWD board would have come up with it.

Oh wait, there are none

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          He learned his lesson, but it shouldn't be that way.
          He shouldn't care what people say or think. I don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            He talked to your son after we spoke. He wanted to clear the air because there was obviously a miscommunication, with him and your son and then you decided to start this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Don't know what all was said but all that should have been said was congrats and that's gona be some good eating! Specially when it comes to a kid posting fishing pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Lol. Aint nobody like facts!I can get behind this. Now only if the biologist on the TPWD board would have come up with it.

Oh wait, there are none

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              Maybe ol Bucee can get it all straightened out

Comment

My favorite was all the guides posting that catch and release deal after the freeze all over social media. 3 weeks later their feeds were full of 15-16". Guess that post was for us not them. $$$ makes the world go round.

Comment

He shoulda posted a video of y’all cleaning em. Sent em right over the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by BRUTE 23 View Post
                    My favorite was all the guides posting that catch and release deal after the freeze all over social media. 3 weeks later their feeds were full of 15-16". Guess that post was for us not them. $$$ makes the world go round.
                    Yea, I know one of them. A completely different guy than his public persona.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                      Don't know what all was said but all that should have been said was congrats and that's gona be some good eating! Specially when it comes to a kid posting fishing pics.
                      x2

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                        x2
                        He’s 23

Comment

Seems to me, anyone who strictly practices catch and release without any retention when someone is legally allowed to, and persecutes someone who legally keeps such, is not promoting conservation. But rather practicing preservation. There is a reason we are bound by "off limits, restricted limits, and no limits". And "unrestricted limits". If it's legal, then you should not be persecuted for what you have chosen to do or keep. You are practicing conservation. And we all know what conservation allows and promotes.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
                          Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-10-2022, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Thats why Ive already started getting used to keeping and eating croakers, sand trout and gaftop....might as well get ahead of what coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                              Don't post to Facebook and it isn't an issue.
                              I'm amazed at how many people still use this.....

Comment

Originally posted by tx.biologist View Post

This has been the best solution for decades but no one wanted to listen . I’ve posted this on tbh many times over the years when debating limits
                                It’s still the best solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X