If you like catching a mess of trout to eat, you're going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Ask me in a few weeks for some pictures. Some of us are going back to islands of limits if 25 12 inchers. That should really set em off

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Best eating trout is 12 inches
    Best eating red is about 13-14 inches
    That’s the size I like to fry up

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
      Best eating trout is 12 inches
      Best eating red is about 13-14 inches
      That’s the size I like to fry up
      Bucket fish! Keep them in a bucket you can easily tip over and release in case the game warden shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        That has to be an old picture or there are some illegal ones in there, that or not Texas. Sure looks like some 12"ers in there.

When I was a kid, we would come home with a large Igloo ice chest full of mostly 12" trout, back then a 16" trout was a big trout. We caught some on occasions, but most were 12" to 13". They were very good eating though.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
          So my posted on The Speckled Truth FB asking how is the best way to cook trout besides frying them is probably not gonna be well recieved.
          I would. But I got to admit it's hard to be fried specs or flat fish. But grilling them in foil with lots of butter and spices on them can be pretty good for a change, when you have been eating fried trout every few days.

I have a problem with people who have a problem with eating game fish. Game fish you catch and eat, game animals you kill and eat, pretty simple deal.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            Good training for him to unapologetically post what he wants and not care what the trolls have to say.

edit: Also screw the bookface that place is the devil.

One of my pastors just spoke about this to the congregation Sunday. And for this very reason. To easy for "hate" to get involved.

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
            Don’t see much point in fishing if you ain’t gonna eat em. .

I'm right there with ya. That's why I don't bass fish. But if I catch one, and it's legal, it's gonna get ate.

Comment

I don't care what anyone likes or doesn't like. I'll do it until it's outlawed and then I'll just be sneaky about it. It don't matter to me one way or another.

Post it on here. Facebook sucks anyway.

Comment

Sheepshead > Trout

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                  Don’t see much point in fishing if you ain’t gonna eat em. .

Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    I agree. I actually just sent him a message and he has no clue what this is about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Then why did he call my son today about it? They actually had a good conversation, and he apologized if he came across as being against retaining fish at all. Good for him. It says a lot about him as a stand up guy. He was mild compared to some of the posts though. Like I said, I love eating trout, and nothing goes to waste. They will always be my favorite saltwater fish to eat. Now I don’t live on the coast, and rarely fish outside of the spring and summer, so people like me have a negligible impact on the resource. I‘ll bet that I don’t keep over 30 fish in a good year, but it’s legal and I have a right to do that. I fish kayak tournaments, and all of those fish are kept alive and released or are donated to veterans if they die.

Comment

I had to replace my motor 3 yrs ago and two new axles last week on my boat trailer. My wife and I fished last week and I bought 2 qts of shrimp for her and 3 lbs of frozen mullet last week so $60 so I'm going to keep my limit when I catch them. F j b. And the stupid 17 - 23 slot. Undersized trout are going to die when gill hooked. I hate throwing dead undersized trout back in the water.
                      Last edited by brokeno; 05-09-2022, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                        Then why did he call my son today about it? They actually had a good conversation, and he apologized if he came across as being against retaining fish at all. Good for him. It says a lot about him as a stand up guy. He was mild compared to some of the posts though. Like I said, I love eating trout, and nothing goes to waste. They will always be my favorite saltwater fish to eat. Now I don’t live on the coast, and rarely fish outside of the spring and summer, so people like me have a negligible impact on the resource. I‘ll bet that I don’t keep over 30 fish in a good year, but it’s legal and I have a right to do that. I fish kayak tournaments, and all of those fish are kept alive and released or are donated to veterans if they die.

He talked to your son after we spoke. He wanted to clear the air because there was obviously a miscommunication, with him and your son and then you decided to start this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                          I had to replace my motor 3 yrs ago and two new axles last week on my boat trailer. I bought 2 qts of shrimp for her and 3 lbs of frozen mullet last week so $60 so I'm going to keep my limit when I catch them. F j b. And the stupid 17 - 23 slot. Undersized trout are going to die when gill hooked. I hate throwing dead undersized trout back in the water.
                          I like your style... except for your bait of choice. other than that you are spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            Just set his feed to friends only and he would be fine.
                            I post dead animals all the time, only visible to my friends that are really friends and family. No political stuff on my page just my life in Wyoming, no adds either.
                            FB is fine unless you want the crap on it. Not hard to keep it off your page.

Sorry your son had to deal with it, I hope the fish tasted great !
                            I'd rather eat a salt water trout over our fresh water trout any day.

Mountain trout smoke very well. For straight eating Id take salt over fresh every time.

Comment

If I fished once or twice a week I could understand the catch and release thing. We hit saltwater 2-3 times a year and when we do we want the meat. Fill the cooler. Ill take rough fish also as sheep and drum taste real good too. I dont do SM but if someone gave me **** on the dock for keeping fish within my limit Id give them hell.

Comment

I’m all for release in the grease

Comment

Working...
                                X