If you like catching a mess of trout to eat, you're going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you like catching a mess of trout to eat, you're going

to have to fight for that right. Three of us went out Saturday morning in Galveston to catch some trout for a Mother's Day fish fry. We caught 8 trout 15-19". It wasn't a slaughter by any means and no trophy fish, but enough to eat. Well, my son posted a picture of the fish in the ice chest on Facebook, and you'd have thought he killed somebody's mother. The hate and vitriol for keeping a few trout to eat was unbelievable. Chief among the haters was the guy who runs "The Speckled Truth". I'm telling you, the elitists have lumped onto trout as a catch and release trophy fish only. If you think they'll ever increase the 3-fish slot limit on the middle and lower coast, well, it won't happen without a hell of a fight, and I have little doubt that the same people will push for a similar limit on the upper coast. I eat the fish that I catch, and I won't apologize for that.....ever. The general public is supportive of catching fish and killing animals for food, but there is a sizable majority opposed to trophy fishing and hunting, so, when it comes to that, you may see them outlawed. No, it won't happen soon, but it would be stupid to allow this arrogant, condescending few to ruin it for everyone.

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
    to have to fight for that right. Three of us went out Saturday morning in Galveston to catch some trout for a Mother's Day fish fry. We caught 8 trout 15-19". It wasn't a slaughter by any means and no trophy fish, but enough to eat. Well, my son posted a picture of the fish in the ice chest on Facebook, and you'd have thought he killed somebody's mother. The hate and vitriol for keeping a few trout to eat was unbelievable. Chief among the haters was the guy who runs "The Speckled Truth". I'm telling you, the elitists have lumped onto trout as a catch and release trophy fish only. If you think they'll ever increase the 3-fish slot limit on the middle and lower coast, well, it won't happen without a hell of a fight, and I have little doubt that the same people will push for a similar limit on the upper coast. I eat the fish that I catch, and I won't apologize for that.....ever. The general public is supportive of catching fish and killing animals for food, but there is a sizable majority opposed to trophy fishing and hunting, so, when it comes to that, you may see them outlawed. No, it won't happen soon, but it would be stupid to allow this arrogant, condescending few to ruin it for everyone.
    Try keeping a limit of bass to eat , folk plum flip out

Comment

Don't post to Facebook and it isn't an issue.

Comment

Post it here in the saltwater thread. Screw Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
          Post it here in the saltwater thread. Screw Facebook.
          He learned his lesson, but it shouldn't be that way.

Comment

Unbelievable

I'm going to pizz some people off this weekend! I'll just go ahead and started it off I will be eating speckled trout this weekend in Port A. Hopefully along with snapper and cobia.

If I could find a little unicorn fish that taste good and it is legal to keep I would eat it too!!!

Comment

I use to like to catch a limit of Bas and send my oldest Brother a picture after I filleted them ..He'd get PO'd because he was a Professional Angler .. Lol ��

Comment

Ask me in a few weeks for some pictures. Some of us are going back to islands of limits if 25 12 inchers. That should really set em off

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Your absolutely right, it shouldn't. It's a shame.

Comment

Sounds familiar.

I remember in my youth stationed in NM while in the usaf.

I went into a local fly shop to start leaning about the area long before the inner web. I bought some gear and asked about areas to catch eating sized fish as all they talked about was trophy water with lots of restrictions. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the trophy water as well.

This grizzled old man behind the counter proclaimed, son you want to eat fish you go to the store and buy them.

Comment

Another reason not to be on FB. I'd tell them to get bent and post pics of those trout turned into fish tacos!

It will be hell getting the limits back to 5 again one things for sure once they take it away you rarely get it back.

Comment

F’em

Sticks and stones ….

Just keep fishing and taking pics and posting up. I find it to be good comedy reading those anti catch and keep posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good training for him to unapologetically post what he wants and not care what the trolls have to say.

edit: Also screw the bookface that place is the devil.

Comment

I would love to know What Chris Bush said or see screen shots because that doesn’t sound like his character at all. I can’t see him getting bent out of shape over 3 guys keeping 8 trout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                              Sounds familiar.

I remember in my youth stationed in NM while in the usaf.

I went into a local fly shop to start leaning about the area long before the inner web. I bought some gear and asked about areas to catch eating sized fish as all they talked about was trophy water with lots of restrictions. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the trophy water as well.

This grizzled old man behind the counter proclaimed, son you want to eat fish you go to the store and buy them.
                              Reminds me of the time I was told red snapper should be catch and release only and should only be bought at heb

Comment

Working...
                              X