• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    Kind of like antler restrictions huh?

Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
      I have seen this said a couple of times. Im amazed that people think regulations are always a bad thing.

The state tells you what your hunting seasons and bag limits are, do you follow them?

Yes because generally I abide by laws and regulations.

Doesn’t mean I like them.

And I dislike even more hunters cheering for restrictions on fellow hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
        You do realize this isn’t closing a general (rifle) season correct?

It amazes me how many were in support of this petition but apparently didn’t care enough to reach out any further than this forum with public comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do. It was an argument for opening additional opportunities.

Believe it or not some people don’t like
        or want to bowhunt. Same as some people that hunt with bows don’t like to hunt with rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I do. It was an argument for opening additional opportunities.

Believe it or not some people don’t like
          or want to bowhunt. Same as some people that hunt with bows don’t like to hunt with rifles.

So when they were taking public comment did you provide yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
            Man I didn't have a dog in this hunt, but seeing how some of you are acting and talking its going to be real hard for me to feel sympathetic when this comes up again.
            Responding to attacks (from within and from TPWD). And if you knew all the facts that some of us knew, you would feel the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Yes because generally I abide by laws and regulations.

Doesn’t mean I like them.

And I dislike even more hunters cheering for restrictions on fellow hunters.

Im thankful to live in a type of democracy where the voice of the people is heard. In this case, the voice of the people said that they did not want to move forward with the proposal, and it was listened to.

Comment

Compromise could have been reached.

Example: No firearm hunting allowed outside high fenced ranches. High fenced ranches must provide TPWD regional biologist a study with a succinct conclusion setting out how many deer should be killed to keep the fenced land within carrying capacity. If TPWD biologist agrees with harvest recommendation, TPWD biologist issues fenced ranch specific gun permits to kill that number of deer off that property.

Caveat - Fenced ranch is not allowed to trap/pen native deer and release them into the fenced property.

Comment

Originally posted by A&M 90 View Post
                  Compromise could have been reached.

Example: No firearm hunting allowed outside high fenced ranches. High fenced ranches must provide TPWD regional biologist a study with a succinct conclusion setting out how many deer should be killed to keep the fenced land within carrying capacity. If TPWD biologist agrees with harvest recommendation, TPWD biologist issues fenced ranch specific gun permits to kill that number of deer off that property.

Caveat - Fenced ranch is not allowed to trap/pen native deer and release them into the fenced property.
                  Well maybe they should have proposed that instead of changing regulations that obviously work in 1 million+ acres of low fence properties in those 4 counties. And change regulations on a whim and a scant spotlight survey to boot, the way they went about trying to sneak this by and get this changed was wrong wrong wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                    Well maybe they should have proposed that instead of changing regulations that obviously work in 1 million+ acres of low fence properties in those 4 counties. And change regulations on a whim and a scant spotlight survey to boot, the way they went about trying to sneak this by and get this changed was wrong wrong wrong.
                    I oppose the blanket change for the selfish reason that I put in to hunt the Hage every year. However, I can appreciate the need of high fence landowners to manage their deer numbers with the efficiency of the firearm.

Comment

Working...
                    X