Petition Opposing Making DMU21 firearm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
    Actually they already allow rifles for hogs and other animals. They also don’t have a restriction on target shooting in those counties where you can’t shoot your rifles.

The argument that rifle hunting is a big safety issue doesn’t hold any water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually Collin does do some research. Cant shoot on land less than 10 acres, Talked at length to the Sheriff about this. It was passed several years ago. meant for shotgun bird hunters. You have to keep a bullet or projectile on your land or its illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmedic View Post
      Actually Collin does do some research. Cant shoot on land less than 10 acres, Talked at length to the Sheriff about this. It was passed several years ago. meant for shotgun bird hunters. You have to keep a bullet or projectile on your land or its illegal.

Actually you should read through the whole thread where I said “huntable” land. Below 10 acres isn’t legally huntable with a firearm. And trespass by projectile has been law throughout the entire state for 15+ years. Not new anywhere-including Collin.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmedic View Post

It looks like that law only applies to subdivisions. The definition of subdivision is a bunch of legal jumbo jumbo though.

Comment

Signed it

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...5&postcount=34

I thought they were supposed to get away from regulations by county and move to DMU like other states do but for whatever reason its never happened.

[ATTACH]1083108[/ATTACH]
            Thank you, had no idea

So if a property owner ANYWHERE else in the state of Texas enrolls in MLD they can basically not play by the rules everyone else has to play by (gun hunt from Oct to Feb, don't use tags off of license like the rest of us, etc), why can't the properties in these 4 counties not do the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
              Just wondering. How many of you guys for or against this actually live in the country? I do. I have 3 bullet holes in my gate that were reported to the sheriff's department yesterday. Safety grievances are very real. Collin county had over 700 instances last year regarding bullets crossing property lines hitting personal properties or people. I don't have the Grayson numbers but i know its not 0. Nothing to worry about folks. Pig hunters and target shooters aren't dangerous so neither will deer hunters using guns.
              How are bullets crossing property lines if there is no gun hunting for deer?

Comment

Ttt…..public meeting tonight!!

Comment

Thanks for the well thought out and sarcast comment. But you have helped me with food for thought. Self serving is an interesting concept. I hadn't really considered the fact that me not wanting my family or myself shot from a stray bullet to be self serving. But now that you brought it to my attention I will think on this. Thank you sir.

Also, that gate being shot was not done intentionally. If it was, the shooter would have had to use two different rounds and intentionally shot in different areas of the gate while laying or sitting on a county road. The trajectory was too flat to be someone standing or shooting from a car window. I also have posted signs and an address sign on the gates. No holes. Possibly they are too easy to shoot? Maybe it was a 3 foot tall guy that liked the challenge of shooting a small target so he walked up and shot my gate? Or maybe the bullets came from another property. We will never know.
                  So to be clear, you're claiming that at the same time that you're desperately trying to convince everyone that stray bullets are going to be incredibly dangerous if deer hunting is allowed (an argument that even several of your compatriots have admitted is extremely weak), your gate managed to take 3 stray bullets from two different rounds? And in your "expert" opinion there's no way it could be intentional? Man, that's beyond convenient for your argument, and honestly downright unbelievable. Might be time to change your screen name to Jussie.
                  Last edited by bullets13; 03-09-2022, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                    How are bullets crossing property lines if there is no gun hunting for deer?
                    The real question to me is how a guy who's pushing hard against gun hunting by arguing something that's almost a non-factor somehow pops up with 3 perfect examples of how dangerous it is on his own front gate. I'm not saying that people shouldn't be safe and responsible, and I'm not claiming that stray bullets never happen, but I don't at all believe that this guy is going all-in on using the very weak "stray bullet" argument, and coincidentally happens to have had 3 stray bullets from two different calibers magically just hit his front gate.

Comment

When y'all go to the meeting tonight remember Biden says deer don't wear kevlar, no one needs weapons that strong.

The 2a is being attacked through hunting. Y'all vote to reduce gun rights

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        When y'all go to the meeting tonight remember Biden says deer don't wear kevlar, no one needs weapons that strong.

The 2a is being attacked through hunting. Y'all vote to reduce gun rights
                        Nothings being reduced by keeping the rules as is, you haven't been able to legally hunt deer in these counties with a firearm since Hitler was around.

Comment

Grayson, Dallas, Collin and Rockwall Counties

Bumping this back up. Public meeting was last night at Grayson Co college.
                          Make sure you sign this petition if you bowhunt these counties

Comment

Thanks for the well thought out and sarcast comment. But you have helped me with food for thought. Self serving is an interesting concept. I hadn't really considered the fact that me not wanting my family or myself shot from a stray bullet to be self serving. But now that you brought it to my attention I will think on this. Thank you sir.

Also, that gate being shot was not done intentionally. If it was, the shooter would have had to use two different rounds and intentionally shot in different areas of the gate while laying or sitting on a county road. The trajectory was too flat to be someone standing or shooting from a car window. I also have posted signs and an address sign on the gates. No holes. Possibly they are too easy to shoot? Maybe it was a 3 foot tall guy that liked the challenge of shooting a small target so he walked up and shot my gate? Or maybe the bullets came from another property. We will never know.
                            Are you not able to contact local LEO & game warden if this is happening often & not one time rare situation?
                            They can probably sort out direction of fire & investigate and make contact with land owner/leasee to address this perhaps

Comment

It always makes me chuckle to see grown men get so butt hurt over a deer.

Comment

Petition Opposing Making DMU21 firearm.

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
                                It always makes me chuckle to see grown men get so butt hurt over a deer.

When a sitting member on an advisory board is using his position for personal gain and gain for his client it’s nothing to chuckle about.
                                He also happens to be one of the petitioners

Comment

Working...
                                X