No announcement yet.

Petition Opposing Making DMU21 firearm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhhh, glad to get this link Dale!!! I signed it, sent to others I know, and also donated to reaching the goal.
    Last edited by Landrover; 03-08-2022, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      I live out in the county. No bullet holes anywhere on my place and me and all my neighbors shoot guns regularly. But we are not idiots.

But even if I did I wouldn’t want to restrict anyones right to shoot on their property. You don’t restrict everybody for the idiocy of a few, or at least that’s how it should be. You deal with the idiots and leave everybody else the hell alone.

And just like in the other 5,10,15 or however many threads there are on this topic I will never support restrictions on fellow hunters legal methods of taking game. If it’s good for the rest of the state it should be good there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      several of them are taking a leftist approach to this, IMO: cherry pick a few extreme, worst-case scenario arguments in order to ban what they don't want. Kinda like the left with guns, if we're honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
        Just wondering. How many of you guys for or against this actually live in the country? I do. I have 3 bullet holes in my gate that were reported to the sheriff's department yesterday. Safety grievances are very real. Collin county had over 700 instances last year regarding bullets crossing property lines hitting personal properties or people. I don't have the Grayson numbers but i know its not 0. Nothing to worry about folks. Pig hunters and target shooters aren't dangerous so neither will deer hunters using guns.
        some jackass shot your gate (intentionally) with a gun. better not allow gun hunting for deer! seems reasonable, and not at all self-serving.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Grayson should be atlatl only for deer. Just think how big they would get .
          I started to make that comment...then figured some idiot would show up and get all serious, so I didn't. Some folks can grab a torch and carry it to their grave over the dumbest crap, so I refrained from drawing their "ire", lest I be hearing about it decades from now

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
            some jackass shot your gate (intentionally) with a gun. better not allow gun hunting for deer! seems reasonable, and not at all self-serving.
            Thanks for the well thought out and sarcast comment. But you have helped me with food for thought. Self serving is an interesting concept. I hadn't really considered the fact that me not wanting my family or myself shot from a stray bullet to be self serving. But now that you brought it to my attention I will think on this. Thank you sir.

Also, that gate being shot was not done intentionally. If it was, the shooter would have had to use two different rounds and intentionally shot in different areas of the gate while laying or sitting on a county road. The trajectory was too flat to be someone standing or shooting from a car window. I also have posted signs and an address sign on the gates. No holes. Possibly they are too easy to shoot? Maybe it was a 3 foot tall guy that liked the challenge of shooting a small target so he walked up and shot my gate? Or maybe the bullets came from another property. We will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
              I'm just pizzed, because I scouted a 14 point Buck for 3 years and I had promised myself to kill it with my bow. I saw it twice while I had my rifle, once it was 300 yards and the other time about 270 yards. I probably could have taken it, but I decided not to.... I saw it 5 more times when working and clearing brush, all within 100 yards....

Then last year a guy who lives close by there, sends me a pic of that buck he shot at 80 yards with his crossbow....

I was always against Crossbows, but ever since then, I'm more adamant about speaking against it.

So you're ****** because you put restrictions on yourself on how you would harvest an animal that belongs to the state, and someone else shot him, and so you want the government to put the same restrictions on everyone else that you put on yourself? I completely understand the frustration, but that doesn't make a lot of sense if you think about it.

By your logic, if compound bows should get preference to crossbows, shouldn't trad bows get preference to compound? You are just drawing an arbitrary line right past your method of hunting and declaring it to be the right way to hunt.

Getting up close to a mature buck is hard, that's why I bow hunt, a compound bow is not particularly hard to shoot accurately. If I wanted to make the actual shot harder I would go trad. I'll clown on xbow shooters all day in good fun, but I'm not going to advocate that they shouldn't get the same season we do, just like I hope the trads don't do that to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                All I want to know is when did the state of Texas start using DMUxx???

I thought they were supposed to get away from regulations by county and move to DMU like other states do but for whatever reason its never happened.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DMU.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	24678667
                Last edited by bossbowman; 03-08-2022, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Property owners are not affected by this law (I don't think!) and should be able to use rifle on their property. The law is for public land hunters.

All this talk is worthless, nothing will change, they will continue to keep it the way it is and if they allow deer hunting it will be Bow only.

Wrong. This proposed change is for all huntable land, public or private.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                    Property owners are not affected by this law (I don't think!) and should be able to use rifle on their property. The law is for public land hunters.

All this talk is worthless, nothing will change, they will continue to keep it the way it is and if they allow deer hunting it will be Bow only.
                    Wrong. This proposed change is for all huntable land, public or private.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    His posts seem to be all over the place, I question what his motives are here.

Comment

I think for Archery Only to be fair, that they should Be limited to hunt in the few counties out there that are Archery only and Nowhere else. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                        I'd go for it, same as MAAP.
                        ......i luv that place!!!!

Comment

No this law is for the counties as a whole, regardless of public/private. Private land owners cannot currently kill deer with a rifle in these counties. There is very little public land anyways, and the agencies that administer those lands can and will restrict method of take further than the state of Texas does.

For example, you can shoot hogs in Collin County with a rifle, but you can't shoot hogs in Collin County with a rifle on Lavon COE land.

Comment

Also. Just saw this posted by Friends of Hagerman. Hagerman will remain archery only.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                              Also. Just saw this posted by Friends of Hagerman. Hagerman will remain archery only.

JJ, the issue with that proposal, the USFWS has been pressured to follow TPWD regs, IMO- it's only a matter of time B4 firearms will be allowed on the H. Sad times.

Comment

Working...
                              X