Rotella T6 5W-40 Shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
    I bought some at Home Depot two weeks ago, it was still priced normal, like $13 something a gallon.
    Thats a great price! Locally here, its available but runs 23.99 per gln.

Comment

Try Home Depot. I just bought two gallons yesterday.

Comment

I bought some at Home Depot two weeks ago, it was still priced normal, like $13 something a gallon.
        Per gallon or quart?

Comment

Topeka Ks HD has 6 1gln jugs of T6 for $22.98, Hays Ks has 4, same price.

Comment

Home Depot price is for def.

Comment

Amsoil

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                Per gallon or quart?
                Per gallon. I had some ordered online for twice that, had the wife hurry up and cancel. This was in Rosenberg

Comment

Some stores still show it for that price

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    I saw a jug of T4 on FB marketplace for $65 yesterday. SMH
                    That is crazy. Buy for $14 at Home Depot and try to sell for $65. It still brings me limited joy to recall those hand sanitizer resellers getting stuck with garages full of the stuff.

Comment

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Shell-Ro...5126/300387920

Some stores still show it for that price
                      The Weatherford store show to have 58 in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                        This builder specifically calls out just the 6.7 Powerstroke. He builds all the other Powerstrokes, Duramax and Cummins but didnt say a word about 15w40 in those engines so I assume the tolerances are not as tight. On the 6.7's he builds he actually increases the tolerances to avoid an issue, I have not figured out why Ford made the tolerances so tight.
                        Ford has been using extremely accurate measuring equipment on some of their engines since the early days of the mod motors. We took a tour of the AER plant up on Carrollton. They have the equipment to machine parts to some very tight tolerances and the tools to measure to some extremely small numbers. With tight tolerances it is easier to build high oil pressure. Which you need it higher hp engines. Probably very helpful in high hp diesel engines, that use oil pressure to fire the injectors.

While GM builds many of their engines down in Mexico, hardly any of the holes come out round, much less have tight tolerance. I know of machine shot that gets brand new GM crate engines tears them down and goes through the whole engine. They say the big ends of the rods are not round, the cylinders are not round, then the rod and main journals are not perfectly round either. They have to go back and true up just about everything in those engines. I would assume the Duramax diesels are still made by Isuzu, be a lot better than Mexican made.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                          Ford has been using extremely accurate measuring equipment on some of their engines since the early days of the mod motors. We took a tour of the AER plant up on Carrollton. They have the equipment to machine parts to some very tight tolerances and the tools to measure to some extremely small numbers. With tight tolerances it is easier to build high oil pressure. Which you need it higher hp engines. Probably very helpful in high hp diesel engines, that use oil pressure to fire the injectors.

While GM builds many of their engines down in Mexico, hardly any of the holes come out round, much less have tight tolerance. I know of machine shot that gets brand new GM crate engines tears them down and goes through the whole engine. They say the big ends of the rods are not round, the cylinders are not round, then the rod and main journals are not perfectly round either. They have to go back and true up just about everything in those engines. I would assume the Duramax diesels are still made by Isuzu, be a lot better than Mexican made.
                          Whoever your source is. They are spreading false information. Actually if you read what you wrote..... you could use context clues to decipher your own typing inaccuracies.

Comment

Walmart
                            They also had three different flavors of 308 ammo.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Can buy a 5gln bucket of Agco full synthetic 15w 40 for less than that price.. thats nuts

Comment

The homie depot seems to carry it quite often. Going to add it to my checklist for the next go round.

Comment

Working...
                                X