No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not trying to be a jerk, I don’t know you or you disabilities.
    But, it seems like if you are able to scout on a bike, you shouldn’t be taking a 4wheeler out there.
    I’ve seen many older gentlemen last year, have to hunt within their walking ability d/t their age. IMO 4 wheeler shoukd really only be if handicap and cannot walk. This is a hard hunt. People who have no disabilities other than “out of shape” can’t walk that far or bike. Letting a somewhat able body person use a 4 wheeler is an advantage over others, not an equality.

, maybe you trying a bike is really pushing yourself, but it comes off like trying to get an advantage when reading the post.

Comment

Exactly what I was gonna say. Last year a guy had a motorized bike and game warden and Park rangers were looking for him.

Comment

Well Jason & Rueben...you are correct...you DON'T know me or my disabilities.

If you will re-read my post I said I was gonna TRY to scout and was not sure how far I would get.

you know...I debated about mentioning the 4 wheeler. Hindsight is 20-20...should have kept that to myself and refuge officials.

luckily, your opinion about who can use a 4 wheeler does not matter. ...yeah...you ****** me off.

Comment

No need to get mad/ p#ssed off. I didn’t directly accuse you of anything, and offered an alternate explanation. I simply said how it came off. I’m a Very direct person, and would rather be straight forward. I’m not trying start an internet fight. I’ll be there hunting as well. Goid luck on you hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            Well Jason & Rueben...you are correct...you DON'T know me or my disabilities.

If you will re-read my post I said I was gonna TRY to scout and was not sure how far I would get.

you know...I debated about mentioning the 4 wheeler. Hindsight is 20-20...should have kept that to myself and refuge officials.

luckily, your opinion about who can use a 4 wheeler does not matter. ...yeah...you ****** me off.
            I wouldn't get ***** off about it brother. You obviously knew it was going to be a topic of discussion. The most enjoyable part of my public hunt was the quiet and peaceful sittings. Hearing a 4 wheeler pass after biking 5miles to the back would ruin it for me, no matter how hard I tried to suck it up. One of the coolest things I witnessed last year was a very old man hunting about 200 yards in because that was as far as he could physically make it in. Conversations with him at the rest spot were priceless. Not bashing you but this is strange. On another note, ride like you own the place and explore the whole thing cuz I'm hunting the following hunt! I'm kidding. I'm kidding!

Comment

Looking at the map and google images, you can make it what you want. Long bike ride or short walk off the road to a patch of trees. Or the beach, lol. I still need to call them about the orientation and see if there are any exceptions. There is no way the wife is going to let me miss Thanksgiving to drive down there. Also, not sure I want to drive all night to get there by the 9am Orientation.

Comment

i would ride in once to my area...early. and not ride it again till leaving. just a means to get me there.

Comment

Was the old man hunting with his son? I think I met the same gentleman last year. At the end of the road. He was wait on his done to come out/finish hunting. We are lunch beside home on the scout day.

Comment

I called about the orientation times, 9am on 15 will be difficult for me. They asked me to call on Monday and speak with the manager. The permits are signed during the orientation, so the question is: can we get the permits signed at a different/later time time than orientation.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                      Looking at the map and google images, you can make it what you want. Long bike ride or short walk off the road to a patch of trees. Or the beach, lol. I still need to call them about the orientation and see if there are any exceptions. There is no way the wife is going to let me miss Thanksgiving to drive down there. Also, not sure I want to drive all night to get there by the 9am Orientation.
                      The orientation is a fairly new thing so I highly doubt they’re gonna make any exceptions, especially since they chose the hunt dates themselves. Even though I live in Harlingen, sure do wish they could just do something online so I didn’t have to ask for another day off.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        Wonder ... during the pre hunt scouting session, they will allow stand placement?
                        The day before yes but not any sooner

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
                          I called about the orientation times, 9am on 15 will be difficult for me. They asked me to call on Monday and speak with the manager. The permits are signed during the orientation, so the question is: can we get the permits signed at a different/later time time than orientation.

I believe if you miss the orientation then you pretty much have to sit out the first day since you need to meet with them at there time to go over the orientation. Thats if they want to, they could just flat out not let you hunt since it does state mandatory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know a spot you can drive too and do donuts on your 4 wheeler!! Oh wait your not hunting my hunt.

Comment

Naah...last time I had the urge to do donuts was over 40 years ago in my youth.

Comment

that community center is gonna be packed if every one shows up

Comment

Working...
                                X