No announcement yet.

Father and Sons Live 2020 / Kansas, Fort McKavett, Polk County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s breaking daylight and we have a small 8 eating corn. We are back in the same blind we hunted yesterday morning.
    It’s 64 degrees with a 11 MPH South wind.

Comment

Well, we had our Big pot belly target 8 pnt come in at 20 yards.
      Slightly quartered away. Everything was perfect except for the shot. Video shows that he hit him high and back.
      Gonna wait on Nathan to pick us up, review the footage and go from there. T is pretty upset. I told him it happens to the best of us and I’m trying be positive for him.

Comment

There are some huge arteries high and back so there is hope.

Comment

We have a small 8 back on us and an Axis buck screaming his head off somewhere on the property.
          Sun is making its way thru the clouds.
          It’s a beautiful morning!!!

T is in little better spirits. But I know it’s eating at him. I’ve been there and it ain’t a good feeling.

Comment

Any Updates?

Comment

We reviewed the footage and gave him several hrs.
              The shot was def high & back. Had blood at the point of impact and trailed him 1/4 mile to his bed.
              Fresh wet blood where he was bedded and we feel like we bumped him out of his bed.
              I was sure the shot wasn’t fatal, but we gave it our best effort to find him.

We called it a day and went back to camp for a bite to eat, packed up and said our
              good byes.

Had an awesome time on a really meet ranch.
              Got to hunt, fish, and fellowship with some good guys.

I can’t say enough good things about Droptine3030.
              Nathan is a stand up guy and we’ll definitely be back to hunt with him again.

Comment

Hate to hear about the buck but like you said it happens to all of us at one time or another. Be safe on the drive home!

Comment

Hate to hear about losing a buck sounds like a great time otherwise

Comment

Great weekend Guys... Really enjoyed getting to meet you guys and the fellowship. You guys are welcome back in my camp any day. Tell T I hope to chase them with him again next year, he is a fine young man.

Comment

Originally posted by Droptine3030 View Post
                      Great weekend Guys... Really enjoyed getting to meet you guys and the fellowship. You guys are welcome back in my camp any day. Tell T I hope to chase them with him again next year, he is a fine young man.
                      Thanks buddy!!! Feeling is mutual!!!
                      We had a blast!
                      T said he’ll definitely take you up on that.

Comment

Thanks to everyone that has been following along.

We definitely have more hunting to do this year and I’ll fire the thread back up on Tuesday as we’ll be back in the Polk County River Bottom chasing white tails!

Comment

Thanks for taking us along! I've been in full crappie fishing mode till those pics! Now I'm kinda excited I get to the lease in a few more weeks!

Comment

Well, we are back at it in the Polk County River Bottom this morning.
                            Got caught up on some chores this week and figured we would take advantage of this temperature drop.
                            Talen decided to bow hunt so he is sitting solo on a big acorn flat. His stand faces North with a big slough that runs East & West right behind him. . Hopefully he can run an arrow thru something this morning.

Summer & I are posted up in my big box stand on the South end of the lease. My little brother hunted here yesterday evening and had a great hunt. I’ve never sat here and not seen a deer. It sits right in the edge of a big bedding area with a 300+ yard road that parallels it. Hopefully we can get Summer on a nice buck this morning.

Stay tuned.

Comment

Father and Sons Live 2020 / Kansas, Fort McKavett, Polk County

Words are alive!!

10 does and 2 small bucks so far.
                              No deer for Talen yet.

3 does & 2 yearlings eating corn now.

NW wind is perfect for this stand.
                              It sure feels good this morning.

Comment

Good luck to yall Heith! Hope she smacks a big one!

Comment

Working...
                                X