Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for pics!! should be a good 'un!

Comment

So before the deer and boys get here to camp let me give y’all a little back story on Dakota aka Tito. I may have the wrong diagnosis name but if I’m not mistaken he was born with Larsen’s Disease. He has almost zero use of his hands, arms, and legs. He’s a legitimate Quadriplegic. Dr’s said he’d never be able to live any kind of a normal life and they were right. He lives life WAAAAAAAY better than normal! He plays sports, loves cars, too of his class, and kills critters with the best of them.

His daddy Burr is one of my very best friends and one of the very best deer hunters that I know. When Dakota was 2 or 3 Burr would zip him up in a backpack and hike into his places in the DCNF, climb up in a tree climber and Dakota would hunt with him. Burr and I build him a make shift tripod and shooting apparatus when he was 4 and he started shooting. I saw the caldwell fieldpods somewhere in a commercial and got him one and he has been a stone cold killer ever since.

He’s one of the funnest humans you’ll ever be around and you’ll never find anyone that loves the outdoors as much as him. He may need just a little bit of help getting in and out of the stand but that’s where the help stops. From there he’s got it. The stand they hunted this afternoon was a 10’ 1 man tripod. Burr carried him up the stand and had him in his lap the entire hunt. There’s not a whole hell of a lot of people on the planet that wants their boy to be successful more than Burr does for Dakota. And that my friends is why Dakota is absolutely not handicapped. His parents never let him be!

Comment

That is awesome! Sounds like Burr is one hell of a guy with an incredible son!

Comment

Thats a great parent there and youre a great friend for helping. Congrats to the young man on his trophy this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great thread! Congrats young man.

Comment

Thats a great deer. Congrats again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Love it!! That’s awesome, man!

Comment

Loving this thread, well done gents

Comment

Awesome buck! Congrats boys!

Comment

That's what I come to tbh for right there. Another tbhers won killed his first buck today. There surely will be a story coming on it. Thank y'all for sharing.

Comment

Tito’s does back straps just came off the pit. Camp is popping, Tito has killed his deer 300 times and we can’t wait to hear it 301 times! Life is better at camp.

Comment

Great buck Dakota!!!!

Comment

So awesome!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

We’re in the blind. It’s warmed up a bit and kind of even trying to rain just a little bit. I’m back in the Snow Cone Stand again, Tito slept in, Burr is about a 1/2 mile from me back to the east, and William/ Hunter and headed back to where they hunted yesterday evening. It’s mine and Burr’s last morning and we both have to head back. Will and Hunter are going to stay and hunt through tomorrow morning.

Man what a great night at camp! I don’t think any of us got to bed before 1am. If Tito shot that deer once he shot him 10,000 times!

Keep your fingers crossed that the cows stay off of me this morning and one of these big ol dumb ones rolls in here. I’ll update when day breaks.

Comment

Working...
                                X