Ford 5.0 trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Don't they make several fixes for that auto start/stop including something as simple as plugging in a trailer plug? I have two folks on my lease that don't have to deal with that any more

But then your truck is constantly bugging you that you have a trailer connected I know it’s minor things. Just wish there was a permanent fix without using a jumper cable, trailer plug, or unplugging wires under the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a 5.0 in a 2wd on a '17. Only complaints are that I don't have the 10 speed transmission, and believe it or not I wish I had the auto start/stop. I know a lot of people hate it, but to me it didn't bother me once you learn how to work the brake pedal (had it on a couple loaners I've had).

I work in Austin, so prior to COVID I was in a lot of start/stop traffic, and the start/stop feature really did seem to save 1/2 MPG a tank.

Comment

I have a 2011 XLT 4x4 with over 200,000 miles. Would buy it again. Pulled my 32' travel trailer to Florida and back a few months ago. Have pulled it out of state many trips. Great engine.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
          But then your truck is constantly bugging you that you have a trailer connected I know it’s minor things. Just wish there was a permanent fix without using a jumper cable, trailer plug, or unplugging wires under the dash.

I unplugged a wire and it bugs me zero times.

Comment

I had a 2014. I loved it. No issues. I had to to trade it for a 2500 due to my trailer I pull. Only reason I traded. I miss it.

Comment

Had an 18 company I put 100k in 14mos that ran flawless...the auto button is stupid but becomes auto before the seatbelt is reached for.

5.0 is the best for longevity

Comment

Have a 2014 4x4 5.0. I really did my homework before deciding against the 3.5, and what it came down to was build quality, longevity, and the ability to work on my own motor if necessary. I've got 93,*** on it now and only issue I've had has been with the recirc door on the AC breaking off the hinge, along with a transmission bump, but that's pretty much across the board on my gen f150. Completed spark plugs last month and will be driving it to South Dakota next month. Took that drive last year and averaged 22 mpg loaded.

And I love the 36 gallon tank.

You take care of it and it'll take care of you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a 2011 FX4 crew cab with the 5.0. It was truly a great truck. Had a leveling kit and 35’s on it and would get around 15 mpg.

I sold it with 173k on the ODO and it drove like it was pretty much new.

Comment

I have a 2018 as well with 65000 miles. Love it. Hate the auto kill too, but I guess I’m used to it. Average about 18mpg. Stock.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post

What wire? Any issues when pulling a trailer etc?

Comment

2015 fx4 with 83k and no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post

This

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                            What wire? Any issues when pulling a trailer etc?

If/when you pull a trailer, plug the wire back in.

As for which wire, you will have to do some YouTube researching and decide what’s best for you.

Benefits > inconvenience

Comment

I have a 2013 FX4 with 87000 mines. No issues

Comment

Love mine!

Comment

Working...
                                X