Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    47 years old.
    Have bought 17 new vehicles and have never needed it.
    Hey, if it works for you roll with it.
    I am pretty sure it’s been proven you most likely won’t get your money back.
    You have purchased 17 new vehicles? Great scott batman! I am 45 and have only purchased 3. I guess I keep my vehicles a lot longer than most. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      All 4 of them went bad over a period of a few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
      Makes more sense

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        When I bought my ram 2500 new in 2015 I purchased the bumper to bumper max care for the life of the truck that dodge offered. At 90,000 I had the transmission worked on and a new clutch for the a/c compressor. Cost me a $100 deductible. I just had a brand new 6.4 crate hemi put in at 120,000 miles and 5 1/2 years old. $9,000 repair. Cost me $100. I think I got my $2700 out of them and the warranty still goes until the repair cost more than the value of the truck. Ram quit offering this warranty last year.
        I think what this boils down to is this. The individuals who think its a waste of money have never had to put that crazy out of pocket cash that would significantly impact their personal financial situation. For me, my Tundra represented a sizeable investment. The payments every month are a testament to that! The last thing I want to do is pay $5-10k of my own money for something stupid to break down that everyone swore up and down would never happen but happens to me.

It doesn't matter if it doesn't happen 100 times. All that is required is once. Money well spent.

Comment

All 4 tires failed due to road hazard damage to EACH of the 4 separate tires over a few weeks period? Wow! You are one unlucky son of a gun. What are the odds?

Comment

All 4 tires failed due to road hazard damage to EACH of the 4 separate tires over a few weeks period? Wow! You are one unlucky son of a gun. What are the odds?

Good thing you had the road hazard guarantee!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

Yep. Just another reason I won’t buy these tires again.

Of course I guess if I can keep getting them replaced for $40 each maybe that ain’t such a bad deal. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                You have purchased 17 new vehicles? Great scott batman! I am 45 and have only purchased 3. I guess I keep my vehicles a lot longer than most. LOL
                We liked new vehicles...
                Times have changed...

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                  When I bought my ram 2500 new in 2015 I purchased the bumper to bumper max care for the life of the truck that dodge offered. At 90,000 I had the transmission worked on and a new clutch for the a/c compressor. Cost me a $100 deductible. I just had a brand new 6.4 crate hemi put in at 120,000 miles and 5 1/2 years old. $9,000 repair. Cost me $100. I think I got my $2700 out of them and the warranty still goes until the repair cost more than the value of the truck. Ram quit offering this warranty last year.
                  I am very against extended warranties, but several years ago, i bought my wife a car with 20K miles on it from a Dodge dealership, went in to write a check and guy asked about extended warranties, said he had one good for as long as we owned the vehicle, i questioned him cause i thought BS, and bought it!! We are at 250K miles and it has definitely paid for itself. Told my wife we will never have to buy her another car

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    They wouldn't sell them if they weren't money makers.
                    Bingo! Close thread!

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                      I always buy the extended warranty- and then cancel it immediately.

I negotiate the best deal i can on the cars purchase price- go into finance and decline the warranty saying it puts me over budget. they end up lowering the purchase price to put the warranty on there and get me to take it. Week later- send in the cancellation paperwork and refund goes straight back towards the loan resulting in a 1-2k discount on your agreed upon price .

That’s some crooked ****, but you saved some money so I guess you won.[emoji849] Only thing lost was your integrity.

When you make a deal, and close the deal, knowing your plan is to renege on the seller, that’s seriously one of the most dishonest things I’ve ever seen on TBH. But because you screwed a car business it got overlooked. Car businesses are owned and operated by people...you screwed people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Curt for the win!

Another lesson in life and the ethics that (should) go with it!

p.s. That's wronger than two boys in a bathtub!

Comment

Working...
                        X