X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford 5.0 trucks

Anyone have a 4x4 F-150 with the 5.0?

Do you like it?

Looking at one at a dealership and was hoping for some feedback on this engine

I have a 2018 model with 56k miles. Truck has been good. Now make sure to test drive it a few times and make sure you are okay with having to turn the auto start stop feature off every time you crank it up.

No engine issues with the truck so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is not 4 x 4 but the 5.0 is awesome. Does what I want when I want it too. Recently averaged 24 mpg on a trip to New Jersey and back.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Have a 2014 Model and like it. No issues in 110k miles

Comment

My 2018 has 65k on it, no issues.

Comment

I’ve got a 2011 lariat 5.0 4x4 with 214,000 miles. Just drove from Texas to Montana and back for an elk hunt. No major problems so far

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
              I have a 2018 model with 56k miles. Truck has been good. Now make sure to test drive it a few times and make sure you are okay with having to turn the auto start stop feature off every time you crank it up.

This exactly, right down to the miles and year model. It will get 22 mph on the interstate in Eco mode. The auto stop is just a huge pain in the azz.

Comment

Had a 16 model 5 liter and no problems until it got about 130,000 and the number 8 cylinder would misfire . Apparently it’s a common issue with that motor according to the forums . Great truck otherwise .

Comment

56K on a 17. SOLID motor.

Comment

Had a 2018 with the 5.0. Engine had a low knock, dash had persistent electrical issues. Really wanted to like the truck but ditched it due to the ongoing problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      This exactly, right down to the miles and year model. It will get 22 mph on the interstate in Eco mode. The auto stop is just a huge pain in the azz.

Don't they make several fixes for that auto start/stop including something as simple as plugging in a trailer plug? I have two folks on my lease that don't have to deal with that any more

Comment

Ford 5.0 trucks

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
                        I’ve got a 2011 lariat 5.0 4x4 with 214,000 miles. Just drove from Texas to Montana and back for an elk hunt. No major problems so far

I had same year. Just traded it in with 218,000 miles on it. Loved the truck

Comment

I de activated mine. Pulled one chord. If I was to tow something, I’d plug the wire back in.

Also make sure you are familiar with the 10 speed trans and the clickity clack it has at low speeds when you slightly hit the gas pedal and then let off. Additionally, the whistling sound as it changes gears. Drive with the windows open.

Comment

Yeah that motor is bulletproof

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Don't they make several fixes for that auto start/stop including something as simple as plugging in a trailer plug? I have two folks on my lease that don't have to deal with that any more
                              Yeah, I’ve wondered if that would work, just too **** lazy or forgetful to try it. I’ve about got myself trained to punch it off as soon as I start up now.

Comment

Working...
                              X