How to Heat a above ground Pool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Heat a above ground Pool?

Ok, as the title says what is the easiest most cost effective way to heat and above ground pool 48 x18 round approx 6500 gallons.

1. have 110 volt going to pool to supply the pump.

Thoughts and go.

Hot water

Comment

110 heating element and plumbing to tie in to pump turned way down?

Comment

Cover it with poly.

Comment

A friend of ours had some kind of solar heater on theirs. I'm not sure how it worked though.

Comment

This is what they used.

Comment

Get in there with momma

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                That is going to work by pumping water through the black mat. It's the same concept as a solar shower... Black will absorb the radient heat and heat up the water passing through it with the pump. It will push the hot water back into the pool.

Supposedly, the solar shower I just bought will get 5 gal of water up to 115* in 3 hours on a 70* day. Pretty neat stuff. Good luck with your pool.

Comment

Several hool-a-hoops covered with black trash bags or plastic with pool noodles work surprisingly well.

Comment

Check out the stock tank pool group on Facebook, they have lots of intrepid ways to heat pools including copper piping and fire pits

Comment

Propane/gas water heater?

Comment

I use a water heater we took out ( replaced) that was still good. Ran a gas line from my meter to heater in the back yard, a small pump in the pool, pumps water continuously through the water heater and back to the pool works great. We keep it on just above warm and it keeps it about 92*. Didn’t cost me a dime. Other then gas on the utility bill. Now if we had electric heat, I wouldn’t have the pool.

Comment

Been thinking of building one of these to see if it will keep my inground pool warm enough to swim a little longer in the season without turning on the heater. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4nEmgNn1lg"]DIY Solar Pool Heater - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

My pool is only full sun for about an hour each day. It's shaded most of the time. Either that or I'm going to buy the solar heater and put it on the roof of the house. Back of the house faces west so on the roof would give it a lot of sunlight.

Comment

we had an in ground pool growing up that we heated by plumbing the discharge of the pump through black poly pipe coiled on a tin roof

Comment

Yea the black PVC pipe is the way to go.
                              Last edited by Bassdeer; 10-18-2020, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X