Finance department at a Dealership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
    You own a vehicle that has $3,500 headlights?

So if you need two headlights it's $7,000 plus labor?

What kind of vehicle is that?
    Kia K900
    Attached Files

Comment

Well honestly my question is kind of personal. However, I guess it doesn’t matter because we are all family here at TBH.
      Back in 2016 I was working offshore in the oil field I was 23 bought a F-250 got laid off and it ended up getting repossessed unfortunately, truck after that I had somebody co-sign. Now I am looking into getting another truck in my own name. What do you suggest I do with a fairly low credit score and a repossession on record? I have good work history and current am a plant operator so I make fairly good money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
        Well honestly my question is kind of personal. However, I guess it doesn’t matter because we are all family here at TBH.
        Back in 2016 I was working offshore in the oil field I was 23 bought a F-250 got laid off and it ended up getting repossessed unfortunately, truck after that I had somebody co-sign. Now I am looking into getting another truck in my own name. What do you suggest I do with a fairly low credit score and a repossession on record? I have good work history and current am a plant operator so I make fairly good money.

I have experience with special finance. I’ve learned that bad things happen to good people. I can definitely guide you on this one. Without looking at your credit is a little difficult, however I can still help with a few more information from you. Pm me.

Comment

I always buy the extended warranty- and then cancel it immediately.

I negotiate the best deal i can on the cars purchase price- go into finance and decline the warranty saying it puts me over budget. they end up lowering the purchase price to put the warranty on there and get me to take it. Week later- send in the cancellation paperwork and refund goes straight back towards the loan resulting in a 1-2k discount on your agreed upon price .

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
              I always buy the extended warranty- and then cancel it immediately.

I negotiate the best deal i can on the cars purchase price- go into finance and decline the warranty saying it puts me over budget. they end up lowering the purchase price to put the warranty on there and get me to take it. Week later- send in the cancellation paperwork and refund goes straight back towards the loan resulting in a 1-2k discount on your agreed upon price .
              Wow... I can promise that it would be my finance managers last day if he lower a price that has been agreed by the customer just to sell a warranty. That store definitely have a bad process. Good for you on the savings.

Comment

My feelings are extended warranties are a waste of money, but I'm sure they make a lot of money off of them. I bet for every one person that uses it, there a 100 that don't. These days cars are going to be pretty problem free for 100K miles, when the warranty expires. I have never owned a vehicle that i had a major repair in the 1st 100K miles, maybe i am just lucky. So i prefer to keep that money, and just suck it up and fix something if it happens, I am way ahead of them now anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
                  Wow... I can promise that it would be my finance managers last day if he lower a price that has been agreed by the customer just to sell a warranty. That store definitely have a bad process. Good for you on the savings.
                  its happened every time on my last 3 vehicles all different dealerships. figured it was common practice to sell the warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
                    Steering responsive headlight are very expensive.
                    But are lights covered by any warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                      But are lights covered by any warranty?
                      Head light system not the bulbs. “bumper to bumper” yes. Extended service plan, all depends on the plan, but yes they do just have to read what the plan excludes. Most LED bulbs will last should last a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                        its happened every time on my last 3 vehicles all different dealerships. figured it was common practice to sell the warranty.
                        That’s crazy. Not a common practice for sure.

Comment

My feelings are extended warranties are a waste of money, but I'm sure they make a lot of money off of them. I bet for every one person that uses it, there a 100 that don't. These days cars are going to be pretty problem free for 100K miles, when the warranty expires. I have never owned a vehicle that i had a major repair in the 1st 100K miles, maybe i am just lucky. So i prefer to keep that money, and just suck it up and fix something if it happens, I am way ahead of them now anyway
                          The same here. I have "saved" enough over the years by NOT buying extended warranties, that even if I do (never have) incur a major expense I have saved enough to more than offset it.

I hope your daughter got her money's worth out of the Nissan with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            The same here. I have "saved" enough over the years by NOT buying extended warranties, that even if I do (never have) incur a major expense I have saved enough to more than offset it.

It is still going . I taught her to get her money’s worth from vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

I am sure there are plenty of stories where extended warranties have more than payed off for people. It's like the lease/vs buy argument. What works for some doesn't work for others.

Sometimes things just work out better for either option regardless of a few bucks over the span of your driving years.

With all the computers in cars now I won't hesitate to get extended coverage on whatever I buy next.

If you haven't had a car worked on lately you might be in for a surprise on what it costs these days.

Comment

It is still going . I taught her to get her money’s worth from vehicles
                                Excellent!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X