No announcement yet.

New Mexico - Unit 10 Bull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One day i'll try it! Beautiful and congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Nice bull, nice shooting, and yeah it'd be a sin to waste that heart. Don't worry about the 4 wheeler, those Yamaha's can handle it. That scenery in the pics is gorgeous.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
          Congrats on the bull, and sorry to hear about the poor bullet performance. It’s Personally hard for me to steer away from nosler partitions just due to their consistent performance.
          I seriously considered the partition as its a great bullet, but wanted the Accubond for a long shot if it presented itself. A combination of procrastination and an assumption I could pick some up a month before the hunt resulted in me not using those. This one worked out, but am going to start load development soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
            Congratulations on a fine bull! How did the ELD-X perform?
            ELD-X did wonderful. The sheer amount of blood in the cavity was telling, and given that was the first shot, I'm convinced that would have killed him.

Only reason I had the Barnes was for a shot up close. I've read all over that the ELD-X can nearly disintegrate if you hit something hard at high velocities up close (like a shoulder), so packed the Barnes along to ensure penetration. Probably over thinking it, but it all worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
              In Colorado, we drug out three bulls on four wheelers. We didn't load the whole elk. We strapped the head and front shoulders to the back rack on the four wheeler. Then the rest was just drug. Going up hill, one of us had to sit on the front to hold it down.
              Ha! We had a similar experience. I can't tell you the number of times the front tires were off the ground but it was more than 10. Good thing our guide weighed 3 and change to keep it down!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                That is my question also. Got pictures of it being loaded?

Congratulations!!!
                Hard to believe, but after we gutted it we stood there and stared at each other. We were told that if we all four grabbed on we could do it. Sure enough, and with only a hernia or two later, we got that big dude on there. My pops took the brunt being on the low slide getting sloshed with blood, but that had to have been a hoot to watch.

No idea on the dressed weight of a bull like that. I'd love if somebody could chime in. I'm thinking 5-600 lbs, but maybe more?

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  Nice bull, nice shooting, and yeah it'd be a sin to waste that heart. Don't worry about the 4 wheeler, those Yamaha's can handle it. That scenery in the pics is gorgeous.
                  That aint no lie. After that I don't think I'd hesitate buying one of those for a deal if I need a four wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                    ELD-X did wonderful. The sheer amount of blood in the cavity was telling, and given that was the first shot, I'm convinced that would have killed him.

Only reason I had the Barnes was for a shot up close. I've read all over that the ELD-X can nearly disintegrate if you hit something hard at high velocities up close (like a shoulder), so packed the Barnes along to ensure penetration. Probably over thinking it, but it all worked out.
                    Thanks for the reply. I’ve heard of a lot lead/jacket separations on the ELD-X. I guess if a person googled any bullet, they’d get some negative reviews.

Comment

Congrats ! Memories [emoji736]. They are big, tough animals. Nosler partition fan at longer ranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice bull congratulations

Comment

Congratulations on the nice New Mexico bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                            Thanks for the reply. I’ve heard of a lot lead/jacket separations on the ELD-X. I guess if a person googled any bullet, they’d get some negative reviews.
                            That’s what I’d read about as well. I still favor the Accubond, but I’d shoot the ELD-X with confidence.

Comment

What outfittter you hunt with?

Comment

Cool pictures and great elk !

Comment

Working...
                                X