Tres Amigos LIVE!!! Panhandle Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clark View Post
    I won’t steal anybody’s thunder, but a stud got knocked down by a TBH’r last week and he’s not far from you.
    This weekend should be good.
    Good luck!
    Post your pics Sir.

Hope your doing well Clark.

Comment

good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
        Boy it’s painful to tell y’all this... Grabbed my bow out of the case and my quiver is 500mi south of here at home[emoji2357] I was in a rush yesterday and assumed it was in my case. There’s a 110% chance Insee the biggest deer on the place.

I grabbed the AR out of the truck in case I see a pig or coyote but I’m definitely not deer hunting this morning... We have a giant boar hog that’s been getting in the pen and he was here at 6:15 this morning, maybe he’ll slip up. Got a doe coming in now.
        Dang rookie

Glad you got that out of the way, now get the work started so that you can be back in the stand and get the fun started Good Luck, Fellas!

Comment

We got a tripod up and put eyes on one of “the ones”. He is 15-20” bigger than I thought he was. I’m talking about an absolute monster. He was with a mid 130’s 8 and dwarfed the 8.

Tito also found his first shed! We saw several groups of turkeys and had another really nice upper 40’s type deer show on the new property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

good luck!

Comment

Great looking buck..hope he shows up this afternoon. Good luck

Comment

Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Good luck fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                    Great looking buck..hope he shows up this afternoon. Good luck
                    I hope the one we saw shows up this afternoon! I pit a tripod in his living room so we’ll see. Bout to start heading out pretty soon.

Comment

OK, I'm all caught up on this thread!! Shootabiggun! Guess it could a been worse... could have had your quiver and NO BOW!! I did that once, but it wasn't 6 hours away... only 45 minutes, but it might as well have been 6 hours because it would have been dark by the time I went home and came back...
                      Love that Dibol shirt Tito has on too!! Lots of good memories in the woods round that town and out east on 1818...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        OK, I'm all caught up on this thread!! Shootabiggun! Guess it could a been worse... could have had your quiver and NO BOW!! I did that once, but it wasn't 6 hours away... only 45 minutes, but it might as well have been 6 hours because it would have been dark by the time I went home and came back...
                        Love that Dibol shirt Tito has on too!! Lots of good memories in the woods round that town and out east on 1818...
                        I currently live about 5mi east of town on 1818. I have a house and 5ac for sale in the middle of Renfro and Buttermilk if you want your very own place to relive those memories anytime lol.

We’re headed in, will update in a few. I’ve got a hike and I’m going to freeze to death but I have arrows with sharp stuff in the end of them!

Comment

I’m set up and ready. I can see a lot of country but the magic is this old grown up cattle pen in between 4 shelter belts and sectioned off wheat fields. The wheat hasn’t started to come up yet so they should be pretty excited about a feeder. The good news is the wind is in my face. The bad news is THE WIND IS IN MY FACE!!! It’s gassing out of the SW AT 20-25. The wind don’t bother these deer too much and it typically helps the hunting because they’re not as spooky. We just set this tripod up this morning so I guess this is as good of a trail as any. I’m not crazy about the set up, but in short tree country you kind of have to take what you can get.

Burr and Tito are in the blind I hunted this morning and I’ll bet every dollar I’ve got something is bleeding over there in less than an hour. It should be a good evening.

Comment

Lay em down Steve. Pinewoods will be happening when you get back

Comment

I bailed... Every went in to a spot and it was the exact spot you wanted to sit, got set up, everything is perfect... but it just don’t feel right? That’s what happened. I got up 5min after my last update and high tailed it to the Kville Quarter. It’s a new piece that has a feeder spinning but no stand/ blind. I came here to see if I can learn something about it. There’s a small 6pt and some other kind of janky buck under the feeder now.

Comment

Boy howdy! An East texas redneck gets a little taste of what it’s like to hunt in “gods country”, instead of that awful Pineywoods east Texas mess and he is hooked!! Lol!! Good luck Jooger.....that panhandle hunting is pretty special. Some decent deer too!!

Comment

Working...
                                X