No announcement yet.

Would you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. I've gotten all the way to the lease over 4 hours away to realize I did not have my quiver with me...twice...work weekends.

Unless someone was there with either broadheads for the target arrows that I do keep in my case or a whole arrow the same length and weight I shoot. Will go to the store if needed, but didn't happen.

That's why I now start gathering and packing 2 days ahead of time AND make a list.

Comment

Not on purpose
      One morning in Lomita years ago i shot 3 pigs in 15 minutes and then I shot a 9 point buck out of the same pop up

Thank you
      Ron

Comment

Nope! Too many times the pigs have come back after I shoot the first one with my super quiet longbow!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
          I gone with none...
          Glad I'm not the only one.

Comment

People take more then 1?
            Lol.......I went on a pig hunt and didn’t bring any once, but I didn’t miss either.

Comment

Go hunting with one arrow or not go hunting? what a silly question.... I might go hunting if I had to make an arrow

Comment

I usually only need one, but there was this one time. I shot a decent 8, as we always say, shot was a “wee” back. Got all his liver. I tracked him to the fence line and watched him stand up at the top of a knoll on the neighbors property. After getting permission to access and recover, my dad, me and BIL began to grid a mesquite flat. I lost site of my cohorts, but found the deer piled up, but alive among some cactus. He managed to stand up and drew back to finish him off. Remember he has one My 3 arrows still in him. Well I misjudged the distance and stuck that arrow right in his front leg below the “elbow”. Now wounded and with one bad wheel, he took off, but didn’t make it far. I knocked my 3rd and final arrow and drew back, breathing heavy from pursuing him, I let it go, and buried that sunuvagun right in the heart..... of a mesquite tree that I had not seen due to an adrenaline fueled tunnel vision. Well the buck takes off, I toss my bow aside and make chase. At this point he is in pretty bad shape and I had no problem keeping up with him. Realizing he isn’t going to outrun me, he stops, and faces me. We are maybe 10-12 yards apart and I’m really wishing I had one last arrow, because I realize I have nothing to defend myself with. I noticed an oak limb on the ground about an 1” or more in diameter and I slowly kneel down to pick it up. As I reach the apex of my stance again, he lowers his head and charges me...and I went Sammy Sosa on a high fastball on him, catching him across the side of his head and base of his antlers. The stick shattered in my hands, but it was enough to make him not want to do that again. He turned and used the last of his breaths to cross a creek and pile up on the other side.

So that day, I needed 4 arrows and I have carried 4 since that day

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  I usually only need one, but there was this one time. I shot a decent 8, as we always say, shot was a “wee” back. Got all his liver. I tracked him to the fence line and watched him stand up at the top of a knoll on the neighbors property. After getting permission to access and recover, my dad, me and BIL began to grid a mesquite flat. I lost site of my cohorts, but found the deer piled up, but alive among some cactus. He managed to stand up and drew back to finish him off. Remember he has one My 3 arrows still in him. Well I misjudged the distance and stuck that arrow right in his front leg below the “elbow”. Now wounded and with one bad wheel, he took off, but didn’t make it far. I knocked my 3rd and final arrow and drew back, breathing heavy from pursuing him, I let it go, and buried that sunuvagun right in the heart..... of a mesquite tree that I had not seen due to an adrenaline fueled tunnel vision. Well the buck takes off, I toss my bow aside and make chase. At this point he is in pretty bad shape and I had no problem keeping up with him. Realizing he isn’t going to outrun me, he stops, and faces me. We are maybe 10-12 yards apart and I’m really wishing I had one last arrow, because I realize I have nothing to defend myself with. I noticed an oak limb on the ground about an 1” or more in diameter and I slowly kneel down to pick it up. As I reach the apex of my stance again, he lowers his head and charges me...and I went Sammy Sosa on a high fastball on him, catching him across the side of his head and base of his antlers. The stick shattered in my hands, but it was enough to make him not want to do that again. He turned and used the last of his breaths to cross a creek and pile up on the other side.

So that day, I needed 4 arrows and I have carried 4 since that day
                  That’s nuts!

Comment

I gone with none...
                    😂😂😂 I haven’t forgotten arrows but I have a release

Comment

Like others said, if it meant not going at all, then yes I would hunt with only one. I usually only take two with me. I’ve never needed two arrows when I’ve hunted deer.

Comment

Would you?

I would for sure but I was glad to have two here..

Comment

Nope . I carry atleast 3 . I like shooting coons and squirrels to much .

Comment

I often get multiple opportunities so I say why only one arrow. Kind of like eating one potato chip.

Comment

I gone with none...
                              Haha I've came very close to doing that

Comment

It worked out well with just the one arrow
                                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X