No announcement yet.

20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just patiently waiting!! This was a public land hunt during teal. We scouted for 4 days to find the birds. Shot our 4 man and 5 man in the last weekend. Love it when scouting pays off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
      Awesome. Glad to hear it. I'm thinking of buying a surface drive soon. The way you handled yours made up my mind

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      They are fun when they work that’s for sure lots of used options right now mine will be for sale after this season

Comment

I’m looking at getting a duck boat but don’t know if I’d be better off with a surface drive or outboard. Currently only hunting the coastal marsh.

Comment

Pm me we can talk I hunt the coast all the way to Oklahoma honestly can’t beat a surface drive unless you hunt hard sand and carry a big load

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
            I’m looking at getting a duck boat but don’t know if I’d be better off with a surface drive or outboard. Currently only hunting the coastal marsh.
            If you ever plan on fishing or anything else with it go outboard.

If you're buying it to do nothing but hunt a surface drive can work well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Which decoy brands do you guys prefer?

I've been running Avian-X but plan on adding 3-4 dozen more this season and was curious who recommends what? Saw hardcore is running a 20% off 1 dz

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

I've been running Avian-X but plan on adding 3-4 dozen more this season and was curious who recommends what? Saw hardcore is running a 20% off 1 dz

I run Avery/ghg decoys

Comment

Avian x and dakotas

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                    I really want to go to the northeast to do some seaduck and brant hunting. Anyone here ever do it? Any recommendations on outfitters/guides. It probably won't happen this year but I am hoping for 21/22 season.
                    Curious about outfitter recommendations here as well. This is a trip I really want to do in the next couple of years.

Comment

G&H

Comment

G&H as far as I know they are the only American made decoy. They are very durable and the paint stands up to years of abuse.

Comment

avian x and Dakotas. Bought some higdon foam filled to try out this year thou

Comment

New member, first post......as ready as I'll ever be.

Hi all, I am new to this forum as a member but have been lurking in the shadows for a while. This is a great forum from what I've seen. I am certainly ready for duck season to begin, I mostly hunt some farm ponds/stock tanks up near the Milam and Williamson co border, shoot mostly gadwall. This year the landowner put a metal, floating dock on his tank I hunt. Do y'all think that it could have an adverse effect on ducks using this tank as they have in the past? Maybe I could exchange a hunt or two with someone here, would be great to see a sunrise with some different scenery and hopefully shoot some ducks. Tried to post pic but can only enter url, is there any way to just attach it from pic library? Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronotrigger View Post
                              Hi all, I am new to this forum as a member but have been lurking in the shadows for a while. This is a great forum from what I've seen. I am certainly ready for duck season to begin, I mostly hunt some farm ponds/stock tanks up near the Milam and Williamson co border, shoot mostly gadwall. This year the landowner put a metal, floating dock on his tank I hunt. Do y'all think that it could have an adverse effect on ducks using this tank as they have in the past? Maybe I could exchange a hunt or two with someone here, would be great to see a sunrise with some different scenery and hopefully shoot some ducks. Tried to post pic but can only enter url, is there any way to just attach it from pic library? Thanks for the help.
                              How big is the tank? Can the ducks land a good distance away from the building?

Tapatalk is the app i use for photos and welcome to the site.

Comment

G&H and Avian

Comment

Working...
                                X