Old Mexico 2020/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgato View Post
    Word from this morning is that Mayor of Piedras passed an ordinance limiting number of people in a vehicle to 1 with checkpoints to be established around town. I have someone investigating and will report.

Any more news on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Jbguide;14831647]Any more news on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
      I talked with my land owner, he confirmed one person per car and you have to be wearing a face mask.

Comment

[quote=Johnson;14831714]
        Originally posted by Jbguide View Post
        Any more news on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
        I talked with my land owner, he confirmed one person per car and you have to be wearing a face mask.

Only in PN or all of Mexico?

Comment

[quote=Jbguide;14831716]
          Originally posted by Johnson View Post

Only in PN or all of Mexico?

I didn't ask anywhere other then PN

Comment

Clogged feeders

Originally posted by Learjet View Post
            Came back today.
            City ordnance in eagle pass is to be wearing a mask, cop honked at buddy when he got out of truck at strips.
            conversion rate is around 23:1, I’d make sure you don’t get screwed at feed store, I think we did this time.
            Most of our ranch was real green, south side not.
            We killed 2 rattle bugs.
            One protein feeder fell over and another a deer knocked the motor we had mounted off, everything ate good there.
            2 other timed protein feeders were clogged up. Protein was hot as **** 100-120 degrees and humid when we put it out last month, I bet sweated like crazy In that beer can. Santa Maria lovin I guess. Time before last my gravity 2000# was clogged, seemed like the pellets were turning to powder and didn’t have the shinny glaze it normally had. All this stuff was medicated, may have cause the problem not sure.

We got 3 stands moved

Sounds like cowboy that stole a gun earlier in season actually shot at least 5 deer, really ****** about that. He shot a 13 point 155-158” 4 year old off my feeder. 11 pointer that a hunter shot and lost he took to his House. A very heavy 8, which is probably from another of my stands 150”+. The other 2 are a 6 and smaller 10. I haven’t seen the 6, 8, or 10 yet. Kinda took the wind out of sail, pretty committed at this point this season. No telling how much damage was done though.

I’m glad owner came clean, I know that wasn’t easy
            Reading this makes me hope this is the last bad news y’all will hear from this lease.

It sure is a blessing to have a great cowboy on lease over there, I am very fortunate to have the one we have. Don’t have to worry about feeders being full or unclogged. Now we just need a lot of rain!!

Comment

[quote=Johnson;14831730]
              Originally posted by Jbguide View Post

I didn't ask anywhere other then PN

Ok I was just wondering. Probably can go across at Columbia if it’s just in PN.

Comment

Rex, I think Pedro is a rare breed in Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by Learjet View Post
                  Rex, I think Pedro is a rare breed in Mexico
                  Probably the best cowboy in Mexico! Great guy. Super honest. I think you could leave a pile of money on your bed for weeks, when you got back it would all be there.

Comment

I was told yesterday the ruling will go into effect Monday. 1 person per vehicle. I cancelled my trip till further understanding. I " think" it is just for Piedras?. Will keep reporting what I learn from friends living in Piedras.

Comment

I was told yesterday the ruling will go into effect Monday. 1 person per vehicle. I cancelled my trip till further understanding. I " think" it is just for Piedras?. Will keep reporting what I learn from friends living in Piedras.

Thanks rusty

Comment

Update on the SM protein. I've been talking to Ruben the last few days and they are working on the problem. This last batch of protein is in much better shape. And they are going to continue to monitor the feed.

Comment

Would like to know as well, me and jbguide are planning a trip down for that day.

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky freak View Post
                            Would like to know as well, me and jbguide are planning a trip down for that day.
                            Update from this afternoon :

We were going to check our guns out Tuesday. Speaking with Angadi, they said one person from Angadi could ride with my ranch mgr. to ranch to get guns and meet us at bridge to check guns out.

We canceled trip not being able to spend a few days at ranch. We were told rumor is could get worse for next few weeks????? Don't know what that means. I'm going to play it by ear as I have some time before guns have to come out.

Cant imagine how a " 1 person per vehicle" rule will work there???

Comment

We were going to check our guns out Tuesday. Speaking with Angadi, they said one person from Angadi could ride with my ranch mgr. to ranch to get guns and meet us at bridge to check guns out.

We canceled trip not being able to spend a few days at ranch. We were told rumor is could get worse for next few weeks????? Don't know what that means. I'm going to play it by ear as I have some time before guns have to come out.

Hard to imagine in the carpool capital of the world lol

Comment

Horrible news thanks for the update

Comment

Working...
                                X