X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post

Too soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that is something I can get behind!!

Comment

2 more home runs for Straw today, one inside the park

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
        2 more home runs for Straw today, one inside the park

Hard to beat Marisnick’s production in CF with runs saved but Straw has a chance to be even better defensively and offensively with his speed.

Bregman hit a one handed homer today as well

Comment

Comment

Is Tucker ever going to reach his projection as a big leaguer? 0-16 so far in ST. Team overall is sucking offensively so far......I know, no buzzers and trash cans.

Comment

Never understood the fascination with Tucker. Great player for sure but hasn't wowed me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                Never understood the fascination with Tucker. Great player for sure but hasn't wowed me at all.

Kyle Tucker
                2000 minor league AB he has hit .280
                130 major league AB he has hit .206

Alex Bergman’s first 139 mlb AB’s .237

Sample size is still too small for any real data. Pressure does seem to effect him though. When he has been in the mix to break with the team opening day he has choked. We really need about a half season of baseball to get a better feel for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                  Kyle Tucker

Sample size is still too small for any real data. Pressure does seem to effect him though. When he has been in the mix to break with the team opening day he has choked. We really need about a half season of baseball to get a better feel for him.

Agreed. Really like him myself. Hope he makes it. I think he will

Comment

Kyle Tucker

It is interesting that the traditional benchmark for hitters was 1500 MLB AB's. It was generally believed that you didn't know what you had until they hit that mark. It seems that all the outstanding young hitters of the last decade have skewed that a bit.

On Tucker, he slashed .269/.319/.537 with a wRC+ of 122 in 72 PA last year. If he repeats that this year over something like a full season people will be calling him a stud at 23 yo, especially if he stabilizes his BB% and K% to something like his minor league career numbers.

The two biggest projection systems (Steamer and Zips) are somewhat at odds. Steamer has him at a 105 wRC+ and 1.4 WAR in 442 PA and Zips has him at 112 wRC+ and 3.3 WAR in 608 PA. Either of those or anywhere in between would be an upgrade over Reddick's output the last two years.
                    Last edited by El General; 03-04-2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see the potential with Tucker. I see a slow, elongated swing from a hitter that wants to pull every pitch. Generally not a good recipe for sustained success

Comment

And on another note...
                        Where the hell did Dave go?

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                          I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see the potential with Tucker. I see a slow, elongated swing from a hitter that wants to pull every pitch. Generally not a good recipe for sustained success
                          Tucker's percentages in MLB PA's is 44.9% pull 31.6% center 23.5% oppo. Those aren't the percentages of a dead pull hitter.

Comment

Kyle Tucker

I get it but Bregman has a classic short path to the ball swing. Tucker's is so unorthodoxed, that is what gives me pause for concern with him. I cant imagine the big league pitchers cant find a hole in it and attack it. Luhnow raved that his hand eye coordination made up for it. Im hoping he becomes another Hunter Pence!!!! Goofy paid off for him in spades.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                              And on another note...
                              Where the hell did Dave go?
                              I think he is sitting out all the haters.

Comment

WooHoo, Tucker got himself an avg with a 1st inning double!

Comment

Working...
                                X