Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out Saturday to fill feeders and did find any sheds. Saw 2 bucks with still full head gear on.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
      Went out Saturday to fill feeders and did find any sheds. Saw 2 bucks with still full head gear on.
      Same with us, though it is so thick we don't find that many sheds. Saw plenty with headgear still on including a bachelor group of 7. Did see some that had shed the last weekend of general season.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        This early in the year...

$260/ton at Wall
        $250/ton at Rowena
        $250/ton Mereta
        $300/ton in Eldorado

Sure miss that $168 from a few years ago

Where are you guys finding CS in Eldorado?

FYI - it was $285/ton in Wall on 1/31.
        Last edited by BeerMe; 02-10-2020, 02:50 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by BeerMe View Post

Moore’s Ranch Feed about 12 miles west of town on 190 but I think he sources his CS from Wall.

Comment

****!!

Comment

Well ****. I called the Wall Co-op for today's cottonseed prices, and they are no longer selling. All inventory is under contract, won't be ginning again until late October.

Comment

Well ****. I called the Wall Co-op for today's cottonseed prices, and they are no longer selling. All inventory is under contract, won't be ginning again until late October.

Dadgum.......

Comment

We weren't real impressed with the cotton seed anyways, gave it a couple years and the deer just got fat, horns didnt change. Switching over the alfalfa hay and whatever mother nature provides.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                    We weren't real impressed with the cotton seed anyways, gave it a couple years and the deer just got fat, horns didnt change. Switching over the alfalfa hay and whatever mother nature provides.

Our deer never really ate it. They prefer the protein pellets over anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Couple of our hunters put out the alfalfa bails this past season and the deer never hit it?

Dam Cows loved it though??

Comment

I think the usefulness of cottonseed is about gone at today’s prices. It was good when it was cheaper to overcome the PIA for putting it out. Might as well go protein pellets now for convenience and getting a mineral pack in it.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                          I think the usefulness of cottonseed is about gone at today’s prices. It was good when it was cheaper to overcome the PIA for putting it out. Might as well go protein pellets now for convenience and getting a mineral pack in it.

I can understand your stance. My crew has limited budget, but plenty of young backs!

Even at the 285/ton we recently paid, it’s half the price of protein pellets in a bag.

Comment

Any rain fall reports from Water Valley area ?

Comment

Got a little wet across the tracks in the desert last night. Spring happiness to the bowhunter is wet deer hooves ..

Last edited by Smart; 02-12-2020, 09:31 AM.

Comment

And still have their head gear, let us know when you see them them dropping so I can head back out there, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X