South zone dove's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South zone dove's

We are heading to 3 rivers on Friday to hunt the south zone opener. I'm just curious on how they have been flying??

Thanks

Got some buddies that have been putting a hurtin' on them.

Comment

doin the same leavin tomorrow

Comment

First was great numbers. Second weekend was good. I was still able to get my limit all 4 days, but it was tough shooting even though we were hunting 80 acres of sunflower seeds by the river the second weekend. We’ve had a couple of storms that have really pushed the birds.

Comment

Hunted the Whitewing season in 3 Rivers last weekend. Saw plenty of mourning doves. Not so many Whitewing.

Comment

Thanks guys for the update. I'm just curious now, correct me if im wrong. We thought that the south zone opened on Saturday the 14th??

Comment

Originally posted by bartosh317 View Post
              Thanks guys for the update. I'm just curious now, correct me if im wrong. We thought that the south zone opened on Saturday the 14th??
              It does:

Regular season: Sep. 14 - Oct. 30, 2018; Dec. 14, 2018 - Jan. 21, 2019

Additional days for Special White-winged Dove season: Sep. 1, 2, 8, 9

Comment

Originally posted by Atascosa View Post
                It does:

Regular season: Sep. 14 - Oct. 30, 2018; Dec. 14, 2018 - Jan. 21, 2019

Additional days for Special White-winged Dove season: Sep. 1, 2, 8, 9
                I gotcha, thank you sir!!

Comment

It used to open on fridays.. Not sure what the reasoning was behind putting in on saturday.

We will be hunting around Hondo this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                    It used to open on fridays.. Not sure what the reasoning was behind putting in on saturday.

We will be hunting around Hondo this weekend.
                    Good luck!! I finally convinced my dad to go with us. I'm hoping their will be a few floaters he can hit lol

Comment

Good luck I’ll be in Tilden for the opener.

Comment

They moved it up a week this year. Its usually the third weekend in September.. Like 19th-22nd area. I'm assuming because of that they opened on Sat instead of giving us the extra weekend day.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          They moved it up a week this year. Its usually the third weekend in September.. Like 19th-22nd area. I'm assuming because of that they opened on Sat instead of giving us the extra weekend day.
                          Oh i know! Been hunting in the area for many years. Thats what i was thinking to was maybe since its a week earlier. Ive got a biologist friend i need to ask but keep forgetting.

Comment

Heading to Carrizo in the morning. Any reports on bird numbers?

Comment

Oh i know! Been hunting in the area for many years. Thats what i was thinking to was maybe since its a week earlier. Ive got a biologist friend i need to ask but keep forgetting.

1978 for us on the same piece of property ...

Comment

Working...
                              X