No announcement yet.

2020 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I uploaded some videos of my 12 year old on YouTube just to share the season he’s had thus far. We don’t keep stats that deeply but we counts Hrs cause that’s a big thing to these boys and since the “2019 season” which we count from about August to now he’s accumulated 18 homeruns. Not sure how many games that is spanning but I’d say less than 50 would be an accurate estimate. Anyway just wanted to share them with this thread.

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fgfo-WMD8To"]Derek Garcia #2 Hustle Baseball - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SkGizaJzb64"]Derek Garcia #2 Hustle Baseball - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IPClsqZ03Qk"]Derek Garcia #2 Hustle baseball - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkN5xOE_Sdk"]Derek Garcia #2 Hustle Baseball - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-2YA1mleVS8"]Derek Garcia #2 Hustle Baseball - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      Pretty good episode here, they have the head coach for Flower Mound Marcus and one of the coaches form the Stix organization, talking about select and HS baseball. The 2mins from 1:15:30 to 1:17:30 may be the best part of it.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/743111/24...and-nick-heitz
      Listen to the first show, even better.

Comment

Roy that kid has some pop. Enjoy. They get old quick

Comment

Love that park. Beautiful facility.
          We played (and won) a utrip state tourney there couple years ago.
          Portland spent a penny on that place.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Love that park. Beautiful facility.
            We played (and won) a utrip state tourney there couple years ago.
            Portland spent a penny on that place.

Comment

Yea it’s real nice we play there often since it’s fairly close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TreeNap View Post
                Listen to the first show, even better.
                I've listened to them all, they have a good thing going. Chet should be entertaining this week.

They should open up a poll and have a roundtable with guests that get voted in...I could think of a few I'd like to see might need some security...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  I've listened to them all, they have a good thing going. Chet should be entertaining this week.

They should open up a poll and have a roundtable with guests that get voted in...I could think of a few I'd like to see might need some security...
                  Got my vote.

Comment

I know most of you are north..but the windup podcast has an early one with don larson.
                    Actually pretty informative..and he doesnt duck questions..

Comment

In.
                      Boys got about 5 new-ish players joining them with the goal of being major before march.
                      Played open tourneys during fall and they handled their own against some really good teams with our outfield consisting of some kids that are still developing but really werent ready yet.
                      Picked up some studs during tryouts and doing a scrimmage with a mic of our core and our black team against team texas team ( which consists amusingly enough of 4 boys from that same black team)
                      Gonna be fun if weather lets us... then full team practice starts next week.
                      Big goals for this year both team and personally.
                      Tan is sooo ready to get back on the field.
                      Good luck to ya'll

System, which team is your boy playing on? I'm in Montgomery also and this will be my boys 1st year playing select. We were supposed to start yesterday, but rain pushed us back.

Comment

Moco ballers.

Comment

Alright, good deal. That's who my boy is playing with, he's on the 7u black team.

Comment

I know most of you are north..but the windup podcast has an early one with don larson.
                            Actually pretty informative..and he doesnt duck questions..
                            I'll check it out

Comment

Good luck to everyone. I'm excited for this season as well.

Comment

Ok question for you experts out there. My son just turned 7 and is starting Coach pitch this year in league (Huffman).

My wife and I both are teachers. What age do you suggest getting into the Select world?

I have some questions for the "community" if you don't mind--as I am just trying to plan ahead.

What age is the best to start?---Do you wish your son started earlier/later?
                                what are the team fees associated with your team? Is there a set fee and monthly?
                                how far away do you travel? How often?

Thanks--if you don't want to answer on here or at all I understand on the money!

Comment

Working...
                                X