AJ Hinch suspended for entire season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Who are the rumors for the new manager? This should end up being an upgrade, in that regard.

AJ Hinch was an average to garbage manager, yall.
    Joe Espada, the current bench coach, is likely to have the interim manager tag for the season. He is well respected around the league and there likely isn't a huge drop off. He got several interviews for managerial openings this offseason. I wouldn't be surprised if they took the interim tag off him at some point this season.

I think you are wrong on AJ. If he was a poor manager, he wouldn't have been able to win a World Series when his whole bullpen imploded.

But, baseball manager is probably the most over rated job in the major sports. They certainly don't have the effect on the game that a football or basketball head coach does.

Losing Luhnow is a much bigger problem. The Astros front office has been raided by other clubs in the last few years, so the strength under him is not what it was a few years before. And, the challenges in finding a 4th and 5th starter plus rebuilding the bullpen with very little money to work with under the second luxury tax threshold all while needing to rebuild the farm system that has had most of its depth traded away or graduated and no 1st or 2nd round picks for two year is a really big job.

Pete Putila was promoted to Luhnow's second in command this offseason and he will probably get the interim GM tag. They aren't going to be able to rebuild the front office with a month to go before pitchers and catchers report. I wouldn't be surprised if they cleaned out the front office next offseason and went with a new guy. The problem with that will be that the Astros scouting system is different than every other team in the league. It will be interesting to see how they meld that with a new GM.
    Last edited by El General; 01-14-2020, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      I’m at the gym now and OTL on espn said other teams are sure to be investigated now. They said Pandora’s box has been opened. I sure hope so. Let the light shine on all the cheaters. Even those with losing records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Really gonna be embarrassing if some of the cellar-dwellers get busted. At least the Astros and Sox have a ring to show for it!

Comment

Microscope has a big *** lense now...
        Certain player involved gonna have all his teams looked at....

Comment

2019 - “#takeitback”

2020 - #takingapplications

Comment

I ran into their batting coach the other day. Talented man no doubt
            Attached Files

Comment

Also looks like “Orbit” was involved and has been replaced as well
              Attached Files

Comment

Go Stros!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Who are the rumors for the new manager? This should end up being an upgrade, in that regard.

AJ Hinch was an average to garbage manager, yall.
                  Now that's an ignorant statement.

Comment

Have ANY of you fellas ever played baseball? At any level?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post

Yes.. laptops and live feed cameras were banned from our field in the mid 80s.... trashcans were not.

Comment

I played little league back in the 70's and coached my son T'ball team.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Yes.. laptops and live feed cameras were banned from our field in the mid 80s.... trashcans were not.
                          Laptops in the mid 80's??? Hmm... Prolly not..

Comment

Laptops in the mid 80's??? Hmm... Prolly not..

I did play little league, and then regular ball all through high school and summer league ball in between high school years. ...but the laptop comment was vvvv..

Last edited by Smart; 01-14-2020, 04:48 PM.

Comment

We had a guy with an etchasketch , polaroid camera, telescope, and a old navy guy doin morse code with a flashlight.
                              Last edited by systemnt; 01-14-2020, 04:54 PM.

Comment

oh yeah....I watch baseball too...100% world class armchair GM and Manager MLB million miler..

Comment

Working...
                                X