Big Cedar Lodge outside Branson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Cedar Lodge outside Branson

Anyone ever stay there? Any suggestions on which rooms to book and activities to do? My wife and I are looking at going and possibly taking our two boys (10,12).

Yes, it's a neat place. The cabins down along the lake are really nice, but I'm sure they're expensive (haven't price-checked).

Comment

Lake side cabins are the only way to go, You get some perks with those cabins, chocolate fire service and a couple more. They also have a grill.
      P.S. Don't let your wife put bubble bath in that big water jet tub when your in it!!

Comment

Guess we need to stay in the lake side cabins next time. Stayed at The Wilderness Resort when we went and loved it. We had two fully furnished rooms and it came out to @ $100 a night.

Comment

It's really nice...expensive but nice!

Comment

bringing this back to the top if anyone has advice. we are thinking about going for spring break.

Comment

lots to do in Branson. We really enjoyed Silver Dollar City

Comment

we went this past june and stayed on the resort property. i think it was around $160 a night for two bed and one bath for me, the wife, 9yo, and 7yo. lots to do around the property like fish, swim, put-put golf, etc... there is a large play area with arcade games, ropes courses, go karts, etc... up the street. also, there is dogwood canyon tour, skeet range, horse back riding, etc... also, golf is good up there if you are into it. i played the ozark national course and it's expensive but a nice course. there is lots of stuff to do in town as well.

Comment

Personally I like staying in the Devils Pool area because it's close to food & drink, hottub, and shuttle. I also like staying in the Fall’s Lodge. It really depends on how many nights we stay and how many people. There are lots of things to do. I like to enjoy the resort in the late afternoon, evening, and night, then head down to Boxley Valley, Jasper, and Buffalo River during the day. The only thing I do up in Branson is a Christmas show sometimes. For us, it doesn’t offer any summertime stuff we can’t do somewheres else. Fall & Winter, dats my joint !

If for the summer the lake cabins might be better for y’all.

I stay there very often.
                  Last edited by Johnny44; 01-14-2020, 01:29 PM.

Comment

We went June 2018 and will never go again. This was supposed to be our "Big, Once a Year family vacation". Needed a room for 5 and you can't book online for 5 people. So I called and they put us in a premium lakeside cabin for 5. Got there and there were two Queen bedrooms and a couch that didn't pull out into a bed. No extra pillows, blankets, sheets. Called front desk and they said we can get a pull out bed for $20 extra. Refused to pay it but had to speak with a manager to get it waived. Asked to be moved and they claimed they were completely full which by the number of cars they weren't even close. So spent the week with a rollout bed in the middle of the living room. Ate at the Devils Pool that first night and the food was disgusting. Even my 8 year old had 2 bites of their pizza and said it was gross. The worst $90 meal we've ever had. Decided we weren't going to waste money on poor food so got groceries the next day for the week. Went to get plates out and there were only 4 plates, 4 bowls, etc. The cottage kitchen was not even set up for 5 people. Went to cook a frozen pizza and there was no baking sheets. Called front desk thinking it was misplaced and asked for one and were told they did not provide those in the rooms. So we had nothing to cook the rolls, french fries, pizza, etc we had bought. Even though the online description says "fully equipped kitchen" but it was definitely not fully equipped. Decided to go offsite for dinner one night and asked Guest Services if they could recommend a good place in town. The Guest Service guys response was that he was not from there and wasn't sure so he just pointed us in a general direction where the most options were. Wrote the manager after we got back and they offered to give us a free meal the next time we were in town. No thanks, I'll pass. At $712/night, there are too many other options out there that I would never waste my money on that place again. Read the Trip Advisor reviews carefully before deciding to go, I wish I had done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                      Yes, it's a neat place. The cabins down along the lake are really nice, but I'm sure they're expensive (haven't price-checked).
                      This is where we stayed with another couple several years back. Lots to do in Branson and Silver Dollar City--and the Bass Pro Shop with its museum is in Springfield to the north a bit.

Comment

Love staying in the lodge. Just hanging around the property. Go to Dog Wood Canyon. Ride the tram see all the animals you want. Then head to the museum takes a full day if not to see everything.

Comment

I don’t know when you are going or what your family likes to do but things I never get tired of are:

Staying and enjoying the resort, maybe a night down at this place then back up to the resort or whatever order you like.

Hiking around at spots in the Boxley Valley

[url]http://www.buffaloriverchamber.com/attraction_arkansas_elk.html#axzz3uOsD26mQ[/ur]

Y’all do a little river run in a canoe or something, a picnic lunch and swim and you’ll be looking to move there.

You can truely make it a “clip joint” vacation or wild...or both.
                          Last edited by Johnny44; 01-18-2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

We went over there for a wedding, this fall. I hadn't been there since I was little kid. I was very impressed with all the stuff they have & the service. The "Ozark experience" is a bit corny (for someone who lives in the Ozarks), but they're selling it to Yankees and Texans as a "wilderness" and doing a dang good job at getting people in the door. Lots to see and do, albeit a bit over priced IMO.

The Top of the Rock was cool & the place that we stayed was nice. Good eats and very nice facilities. I'd say its worth checking out at least once.

Comment

I do spend my money at the Osage but I must confess to my flask full of my own Whistle Pig when I drink down in the Cave below.

Comment

Working...
                              X