No announcement yet.

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunted east of waco Saturday and Sunday. Better opener than the last few years, but not great. 4 Spoons Saturday, 1 Teal sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      Is there another 24 hour launch besides Flat Rock? Closer to the south side?

Waco was nuts yesterday, talked to guys fishing the tournament. Fisherman and hunters everywhere. No clue if anybody did any good.
      The ramp on the speegleville side of the twin bridges stays open now. They have a electronic kiosk machine set up to pay with. Or the lacy point ramp in the back of speegleville is always open.

Comment

Hunted Garwood this morning. No pressure at all around me. Only heard 10 shots all morning. I killed 5 in the 1st 20 minutes, then it was over. Sat till 8:30 & saw less than 20 ducks,all high. Maybe 50 geese too. Gonna hit the marsh in the morning.

Good Luck to All going in the morning! These kind of conditions can get dangerous fast if something happens.

Comment

My son and I had a great hunt Saturday morning. Tons of Gadwall.

Comment

Any recommendations for Duck guide within 2 hrs of Houston? looking for a drive in type deal, no lodging needed. Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
              Any recommendations for Duck guide within 2 hrs of Houston? looking for a drive in type deal, no lodging needed. Thanks in advance
              I've had a good time with Steve Biggers on the west side. Oyster Bayou Hunting Club over in Anahuac is very good as well.

I've also done a number of hunts with clients out at Pintail Hunting Club. Not sure if they do day hunts or not though.
              Last edited by Alta; 11-11-2019, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Went to Grosse Savanne in Lousiana for the first time in years. Limited out in ducks in about 30 minutes and had a great time fishing as well. Highly recommend if anybody is looking for a first class setup in Louisiana.

Comment

Justin Beckendorff out of Katy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Little late, but had a great shoot opening weekend. Sitting up here in College Station has me wishing I was back on the coast...

Comment

Oyster Bayou on the east side near High Island or Red Bluff Prairie on the Garwood prairie.

Comment

Originally posted by walkercanales10 View Post
                        Little late, but had a great shoot opening weekend. Sitting up here in College Station has me wishing I was back on the coast...

Whole lot of ugly in this photo, good thing the dog is in it so it didn’t break the camera

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                          Whole lot of ugly in this photo, good thing the dog is in it so it didn’t break the camera

I’m sure you’re upset we put a hurting on the redheads. It’s okay, we left the hens for you.

Comment

Originally posted by walkercanales10 View Post
                            I’m sure you’re upset we put a hurting on the redheads. It’s okay, we left the hens for you.

Sometimes there needs to be a hen killing just on principal.

Comment

Drake plantation and oyster bayou on the east side of town.

Run n gun and Rocky Creek on the west side.

Comment

Had a guided group opening morning around Brookshire. We ended up with 6, if shooting was a bit better we could have killed 10+.

Sunday, I ran down to the coast to hunt with some buddies. We killed our 18 quick fast and in a hurry. Had 8 between us in the first 5 min of LST! The mud was horrible though, ended up loosing a wading boot because of the goo, sucked the sole right off the boot!

Looking forward to this coming weekend! The cold front should push good numbers to us, the trick will be holding them! We shall see.

Comment

Working...
                                X