2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
    Not rare for us that hunt the middle coast. We kill them all season long.
    Same - I wanna say the last three seasons we’ve killed 90% plus teal only first week of big duck

Comment

Shot a few in Brookshire on Tuesday. 16 total. Other ponds shot nothing.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
        Shot a few in Brookshire on Tuesday. 16 total. Other ponds shot nothing.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Nice Clint!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 14 Garwood
          Me & my good friend[TWDJR on here] got together this AM. He must have brought the good luck charm today. We ended with limits. Not a lot of birds ,but what we saw worked good. We had 4 come in & I called the shot. I shoot & knock a bird down & look for another & he killed the other 3 with 1 shot. Game Hog!! LOL! Overall less shooting today across the prairie than the last couple of days. More people hunting ,but less shooting from any one group. 2 more days to go. Getting sad already, but at least I can go bow hunt now.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            We had 4 come in & I called the shot. I shoot & knock a bird down & look for another & he killed the other 3 with 1 shot.
            Being my first teal hunt of the year I was a little rusty. Normally I would've had all 4.... I enjoyed it my friend!

Comment

Our last hunt of the season this morning. 6 limits by 7:30am. Pleasantly surprised as recent scouting reports this week were not promising. SW of El Campo.

[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Day 14 Garwood
                Me & my good friend[TWDJR on here] got together this AM. He must have brought the good luck charm today. We ended with limits. Not a lot of birds ,but what we saw worked good. We had 4 come in & I called the shot. I shoot & knock a bird down & look for another & he killed the other 3 with 1 shot. Game Hog!! LOL! Overall less shooting today across the prairie than the last couple of days. More people hunting ,but less shooting from any one group. 2 more days to go. Getting sad already, but at least I can go bow hunt now.

Ted is a legend....was he using a bow or shotgun?

Nice shoot guys!

Comment

Hunted near San Felipe this morning. Saw 2 nice groups of BWT early and then it was over. Didn’t even fire my gun.

Comment

We ended up with 18 in brookshire. Saw a good number of birds too. Looking forward to hunting tomorrow!

Comment

Saw 5 BWT in NTX today and got 4 of them.

Comment

Day 15 Garwood
                        Good morning for us. Had my wife & son with me. We had our limits. Birds were wild today & didn't want to commit at all. Most of them shot as flybys. 1 more day to go & then depression till November! LOL!

Comment

Day 16 Garwood
                          Well, it is over for the 2019 early teal season. I hunted every morning & in the areas I hunt,It had to be one of the slowest I can remember for killing. As far as hunting it was Great! I got to experience Gods great creation every morning & everyone got home safe everyday,so it doesn't get any better in my book! Some of the places I normally hunt were all,but devoid of birds & some others were washed out by Imelda. Ended up with 60 birds for the season & now chomping & ready for the general season in November. Sure was sad picking up after this mornings hunt. 4 of us had 17 or 18 birds. A very good hunt for our numbers lately. It did seem if we picked a few birds the last couple of hunts, either by new birds or birds moving in from somewhere else around us. One thing I am certain about is, this was the worst season ever for me as far as birds committing & working good. Lots of times it was take them on a pass ,because they wouldn't even think of working in. It was like late January bluewings that just buzz around the marsh & spreads.In the morning will be heading for our place in San Saba & see what is going on there. I have a couple of nice bucks I want to see without velvet.Time to start chasing with the bow!
                          To everyone, Good Luck this upcoming Season!!
                          Last edited by DUKFVR; 09-29-2019, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Dukfvr, you hunt public or private land?

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                              Dukfvr, you hunt public or private land?
                              Both,but prefer public coastal marsh.

Comment

some gads and wigeon moved into north Texas with the front.

Comment

Working...
                                X