No announcement yet.

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First hunt she did better then expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Going to give it a go this morning.
      Not really expecting much, but won't know if I don't go

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got to the house.
        Had a three or four flocks cruise by and come in, I managed two, and my buddy got two.
        If I could shoot better, I'd probably had my limit.
        I think I saw more big ducks flying high than the one duck hunt I went late last season.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 10 Garwood
          Foggy till about 8:30. Hunted till 9:30. Saw 1 flock go over high & had 1 single come in & got him. Things done got tough around us. LOL!
          Still better than just about anything I can think of. Tomorrow is another day!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            Day 10 Garwood
            Foggy till about 8:30. Hunted till 9:30. Saw 1 flock go over high & had 1 single come in & got him. Things done got tough around us. LOL!
            Still better than just about anything I can think of. Tomorrow is another day!
            Living that retired life! Enjoy it sir...

Comment

I'm going to give it a go on wednesday and saturday, if there are birds I'll go again sunday. If not I'll chase some dove sunday morning.

Prospects aren't looking good, we need some wind from the north to bring some fresh birds

Comment

Day 11 Garwood

This clear skies & no wind makes for pretty sunrises,but doesn't help move birds. LOL! Got 4 today. Had a single at shooting time & about sunrise had a small flock come in right. Got 3 out of it. Hunted till 9:15 & only saw a few small flocks moving. Not much shooting to the south today. There had been some pretty good shooting down to the Nada area lately. Good time with the pup though! Looking forward to tomorrow!!

Comment

Day 12 Garwood
                  Another beautiful sunrise!! LOL! Slow on the hunting or should I say killing side. 2 teal today & both we flybys. No birds worked the decoys today. A couple of groups shot quite a bit south of me, but after about 20 minutes they went for the most part quite. Gonna be a tough closer it looks like. Hope the bow hunting is better Mon.

Comment

Day 12 Garwood
                    Another beautiful sunrise!! LOL! Slow on the hunting or should I say killing side. 2 teal today & both we flybys. No birds worked the decoys today. A couple of groups shot quite a bit south of me, but after about 20 minutes they went for the most part quite. Gonna be a tough closer it looks like. Hope the bow hunting is better Mon.
                    David you are living a great life! Keep the reports coming.

Comment

Hunt #5 for me today in NTX and it was super slow. Shot 1 bwt

Comment

Day 13 Garwood
                        My 13th hunt & being 13 is my lucky number I felt good about today. LOL!
                        Not as many birds in air as yesterday, but got a couple of groups to come in decent. Got a double out of 1st group & had 3 come in & got a triple on them. Killed a single later . Hopefully the weekend traffic stirs up a few more birds. Reports are slow slow a lot of areas. Looks like the opening of regular season will be like last season, an early teal shoot. I sure hope so!!

Comment

Day 13 Garwood
                          My 13th hunt & being 13 is my lucky number I felt good about today. LOL!
                          Not as many birds in air as yesterday, but got a couple of groups to come in decent. Got a double out of 1st group & had 3 come in & got a triple on them. Killed a single later . Hopefully the weekend traffic stirs up a few more birds. Reports are slow slow a lot of areas. Looks like the opening of regular season will be like last season, an early teal shoot. I sure hope so!!

I’d like to think we are catching the tail end of the teal migration! I have talked to several people who had loads of teal opening weekend of dove season.

We shall see come Nov.!
                          I’ll be in brookshire this weekend trying to shoot some teal!

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                            I’d like to think we are catching the tail end of the teal migration! I have talked to several people who had loads of teal opening weekend of dove season.

We shall see come Nov.!

from the reports i'm getting there are still a lot of BWT up in Nebraska and the Dakota's. the last cold front we had was right before dove season. our next front looks to come in the weekend of the 5th. a week to late. we need it now.

i bet there are BWT shot opening weekend of big duck season this year, which is fairly rare for us NTX guys
                            Last edited by CTR0022; 09-26-2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Not rare for us that hunt the middle coast. We kill them all season long.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post

We shall see come Nov.!

Talked to 2 biologist & both said LOTS of BWGs still up north. We will be shooting them on the regular opener. Last season opener our hunts were 95% BWGs. We killed lots of BWGs last duck season.

Comment

Working...
                                X