That looks kick butt

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Nice work, love a good fire pit build.

Comment

very nice, great talent!!

Comment

I had one like that, and it was always full of rain water. It was like a mini frog pond. I too didn't want a mess under it. I ended up cutting a hole in the center, and made a cover/plug for the hole. Kept the ash/coals from falling out while burning, and after a fire I would clean it out so the rain water could cleanly drain. Worked great.

BTW....yours looks great!

Comment

Looks great!

Bought dad a new 42" pit but the footprint isn't wide enough. If you rest a foot on the "footrest", the pit wants to roll over onto you. Bet this one wont do that!

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                  I had one like that, and it was always full of rain water. It was like a mini frog pond. I too didn't want a mess under it. I ended up cutting a hole in the center, and made a cover/plug for the hole. Kept the ash/coals from falling out while burning, and after a fire I would clean it out so the rain water could cleanly drain. Worked great.

BTW....yours looks great!
                  Hmmm...me thinks I might have overlooked a small detail. I didn't think about rain water ponding. You've convinced me...gonna have to add a drain and drain cover. Thanks for the suggestion
                  Last edited by JonBoy; 08-20-2019, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                    Looks great!

Bought dad a new 42" pit but the footprint isn't wide enough. If you rest a foot on the "footrest", the pit wants to roll over onto you. Bet this one wont do that!
                    Nope...I can stand on that ledge and it doesn't even wince lol

Comment

Nice..

one observation I have from mine. If you put expanded metal (even the thick stuff) it WILL warp from the heat. Weld some round stock across it

I also know if you have semi damp wood and stack it under the pit to "dry" it will eventually catch fire

But...both events may or may not have happened with generous amounts of whasky and 6-8 hours of fire time.[emoji16]

We've got 2 that are 5 foot across
                      Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I like it. Nice work

Comment

That turned out real nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Nice..

one observation I have from mine. If you put expanded metal (even the thick stuff) it WILL warp from the heat. Weld some round stock across it

I also know if you have semi damp wood and stack it under the pit to "dry" it will eventually catch fire

But...both events may or may not have happened with generous amounts of whasky and 6-8 hours of fire time.[emoji16]

We've got 2 that are 5 foot across
                            Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            Its hard to see from the pics but there are 2 cross braces inside the upper ring and the expanded metal is welded all the way across it in both directions. Hopefully that'll keep it from warping much.

Comment

Great job!!! Looks perfect!

Comment

Looks Great.

Comment

Working...
                                X