Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any reasons NOT to build a 260 Rem for my daughter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another option if factory Ammo isn’t needed is 6.5x47 Lapua. Little less powder than the 260 but almost the same performance.

My wife and both girls shoot a 260 mountain rifle with no issues but I wanted my wife to have her own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Go with the 260 and just put a muzzle brake on it! Kick like a 22. After a shoulder surgery I don’t shoot anything larger than 223 without a brake. I enjoy shooting and just got used to the noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

To be honest I would go 6.5creedmoor.
        I don’t think 260 will ever go mainstream again with the numbers of them out, leaving fewer ammo choices. You can always make it. But that leaves the need to reload. They gun will be around for forever. But her ability to get reloaded Ammo may not be a option easily to obtain.

Comment

Originally posted by snipermedic View Post
          I don’t think 260 will ever go mainstream again with the numbers of them out, leaving fewer ammo choices. You can always make it. But that leaves the need to reload. They gun will be around for forever. But her ability to get reloaded Ammo may not be a option easily to obtain.
          I agree with this.

also, get a can for it. kids are most sensitive to sound. a muzzlebrake won't help on that end.

Comment

Originally posted by snipermedic View Post

I’m far from a CM fan, I went 260AI in my target gun to avoid it.

But for a hunting gun running factory ammo the 6.5 Creedmore is really hard to beat due to quality factory ammo availability.

Comment

But for a hunting gun running factory ammo the 6.5 Creedmore is really hard to beat due to quality factory ammo availability.
              My thoughts as well. My first rifle was a .260 mountain rifle. Beautiful rifle but it kicks more than I would like because of the mountain's light weight. Not many options in factory ammo and we don't hand load.
              I have a 6.5 CM and a 7mm-08. There is a wide variety of very good factory ammo for both.

Comment

260 for sure!

Comment

My youngest son started with a .260 Rem at about 10 years old with regular loads. He never complained about recoil and he was a small kid until his later teenage years. The .260 is a deer killing machine in the right hands. No better choice IMO for a youngster.

Comment

.260s nominal recoil.
                    Might wanna check ammo availability.
                    But if you’re building you’re probably reloading.
                    It’s a great caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
                      .260s nominal recoil.
                      Might wanna check ammo availability.
                      But if you’re building you’re probably reloading.
                      It’s a great caliber.
                      Midway has several varieties of ammo. Bruno has 1400+ Lapua cases. I have IMR4350 on hand.
                      Bullets..........

Comment

Midway has ONE option available in 6.5Cr ammo available.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                          Midway has several varieties of ammo. Bruno has 1400+ Lapua cases. I have IMR4350 on hand.

Bullets..........

Then go AI and get better performance with near same mild recoil

Comment

I would go with a Creedmoor just for the availability of ammo. There' not a spit of difference between the Creedmoor and the 260.

Comment

.260 is an excellent round. I have an A bolt in that caliber. I like 120 grain Sierras over H414. But on the other hand, it won't kill anything that my .243 won't kill with 100 grain Hornady's...For a recoil sensitive person, I'd stick with the .243. Shot placement is much more important than a few extra foot pounds of horsepower....

Comment

Silly question that may have already been answered but I didn’t read all the comments. If she shoots a .243 and likes the .243 why not just stick with a .243?

Comment

Working...
                                X