Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the trad bow out for the first time Thursday evening. It’ll be my first time hunting with a recurve!

Anyone hunting today? I’d kill to be in a tree in between these rain spells!

Comment

Out and about...but nothing moving except lot of birds lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No gut shot, i hit both right n the heart!

Comment

Ur seeing exit wounds 35 ft up n a cedar , I don’t hunt n a pop up!

Comment

Originally posted by coojay View Post
            Ur seeing exit wounds 35 ft up n a cedar , I don’t hunt n a pop up!

. Thought maybe ya found someone else's lost pigs. Congrats to ya.
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-09-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
              Taking the trad bow out for the first time Thursday evening. It’ll be my first time hunting with a recurve!

Anyone hunting today? I’d kill to be in a tree in between these rain spells!

Good luck to ya Kirby. Trad is a lot of fun. That is what I shot before I got my first wheely in '91. And when I first moved back down here in '81.

Comment

53 years old, gym everyday n practice yoga, y’all don’t know me!

Comment

Originally posted by coojay View Post
                  53 years old, gym everyday n practice yoga, y’all don’t know me!

Uh, your right. Maybe some of us could get to know ya? Good to see someone take-n care of them selves. That's why I got into the health and fitness industry several years ago, to help others do good for them selves. Got out in May 2005. Raced Triathlon for a number of years. Came in handy chase-n critters down, sometimes .

Comment

Where on Whitney/Aquila are u able to get 35ft up in a tree??? Lol and how, cuz Im just trying to figure out how to get my stand about 10ft up in the tree

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
                      Where on Whitney/Aquila are u able to get 35ft up in a tree??? Lol and how, cuz Im just trying to figure out how to get my stand about 10ft up in the tree

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                      I haven't hunted there in 3 years but that's what I
                      was thinking.I guess those cedars grew up some!

Comment

Ok. I guess I get the donkey of the day award for assuming about the pigs above. Sorry if I offended you coojay. The thought of an exit wound did cross my mind on the sow. I assumed you were posting pics of someone else's lost game. I was just trying to make sense of why it was lost. My bad for assuming.

Anybody got a donkey pic I can barrow?

Comment

Military Veterans

Hey just out of curiosity, are there any Veterans that are using this forum? I ask because I just found an awesome organization yesterday that is in the area and they do hunts and fishing trips for Veterans.

Comment

Originally posted by Arborist37 View Post
                            Hey just out of curiosity, are there any Veterans that are using this forum? I ask because I just found an awesome organization yesterday that is in the area and they do hunts and fishing trips for Veterans.
                            I did 4 years in the Marine Corps, got out in Sept 2015. Now i'm in college. Sounds like a cool organization!

Comment

Originally posted by fowltrouble2 View Post
                              I did 4 years in the Marine Corps, got out in Sept 2015. Now i'm in college. Sounds like a cool organization!

The name of their organization is called Hookset Brothers. It seems like they are doing a really great job. They even take veterans on hunts and processing and mounting is free.. It’s all free from what I have seen. Look them up on Facebook. Right now this month they taking people out to a ranch that is owned by Luke McCown who was a NFL QB. The 3 guys who run it don’t make a dime off of the organization which makes it even better.

Comment

And the lady who does their mounting owns Twisted Hollow Taxidermy and she does a really good job on them... at least from what I see on her website.

Comment

Working...
                                X