No announcement yet.

2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon fellas. First time bowhunter and out on public land this year. I'm curious about signaling when someone has occupied an area. Is there some sort of protocol to communicate that it's occupied to prevent blowing someone's set?

Comment

Those are some good looking PRIVATE LAND deer ;-) since there are no deer at LBJ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
        Afternoon fellas. First time bowhunter and out on public land this year. I'm curious about signaling when someone has occupied an area. Is there some sort of protocol to communicate that it's occupied to prevent blowing someone's set?

Not really. I handle most of that by just going farther than most other guys are willing to go. It’s public, so you are bound to run into someone some time. Just ease on to another spot. I always try to have a plan B, plan C, plan D...

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
          Those are some good looking PRIVATE LAND deer ;-) since there are no deer at LBJ!

Yeah they need to stop posting these pics. Gonna attract a lot of people and we don’t even have deer out there.

Comment

I'd be willing bet someone will stumble across that watering hole between now and Oct. You're brave. Awesome pics though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
              I'd be willing bet someone will stumble across that watering hole between now and Oct. You're brave. Awesome pics though.

I’ve already saved the images and committed them to memory :-)

Comment

Not really. I handle most of that by just going farther than most other guys are willing to go. It’s public, so you are bound to run into someone some time. Just ease on to another spot. I always try to have a plan B, plan C, plan D...

Ditto. Be willin to go farther and further.

Comment

Couple of pics from the last two weeks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                    I agree with the other guys. If you stumble upon a spot someone else is hunting, walk by or back out to another area. Having plan B, C, D etc. is always a good idea. Nobody should give you crap for it either; it happens.

Comment

I wish I had private land...

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post

There are infinite amounts of water holes at LBJ and would be pretty hard to pinpoint where this one is but if someone can find it and kill one, awesome! I just want to see pics posted when killed!

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                          These bucks are pretty cool. I like the tall one with the crab claw and kicker off his G2.
                          Awesome pics buddy.

I'm going to pull cards this weekend and maybe relocate to a waterhole nearby.

Is it bad that every time I say "pull cards" I think in my head...
                          "If my camera is still there..."

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                            Awesome pics buddy.

I'm going to pull cards this weekend and maybe relocate to a waterhole nearby.

Is it bad that every time I say "pull cards" I think in my head...

"If my camera is still there..."

I always worry about that, but I haven’t had a camera stolen in 4 years. I don’t put them anywhere near travel paths/trails... and I run them really high, and camouflage them well.

Comment

Anyone out there today?

Comment

Originally posted by agwrestler View Post
                                Anyone out there today?
                                I went out for a little bit and placed some cameras. Started to rain pretty good around 1PM. Lots of good sign.

Comment

Working...
                                X