Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fly fishing Guide in Jasper or Banff, Alberta??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly fishing Guide in Jasper or Banff, Alberta??

Anybody ever fished with a guide in Jasper or Banff areas (fly fishing)? I'm looking for a recommendation on who to use. Taking my wife there this summer and looking for a day trip. I don't want to pack all my gear, so I'm wanting a guide that can provide everything.

Gary has been hunting and fishing near Banf for several years now, I bet he knows a guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Gary has been hunting and fishing near Banf for several years now, I bet he knows a guy.
      Yep. I've been emailing him. He's been VERY helpful. He has a buddy that has passed on lots of good info, including a couple of fishing recommendations. It didn't sound like his buddy was a fly fisherman though, so I wanted to see what others might have to say as well.

Comment

I love Banff, Shane. A little advice....Take an extra bag of cash because everything there costs more than it should. By comparison, I'm guessing a good guide wont be more than about $3000.

Jen and I took our whole bunch there Christmas 2017 and couldn't believe the cost. Nobody else seemed to notice.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          I love Banff, Shane. A little advice....Take an extra bag of cash because everything there costs more than it should. By comparison, I'm guessing a good guide wont be more than about $3000.

Jen and I took our whole bunch there Christmas 2017 and couldn't believe the cost. Nobody else seemed to notice.
          Yeah, all those places are high. A couple of guide websites I've looked at so far have prices around $700-$800/day for a 2-person guided fly fishing trip. That's a good bit higher to almost double what it is in the US for similar trips. It's only money though. Maybe I can talk M.C. into eating peanut butter and jelly in the hotel room all week to make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Yeah, all those places are high. A couple of guide websites I've looked at so far have prices around $700-$800/day for a 2-person guided fly fishing trip. That's a good bit higher to almost double what it is in the US for similar trips. It's only money though. Maybe I can talk M.C. into eating peanut butter and jelly in the hotel room all week to make up for it.
            You misspelled "wine and caviar".

Comment

You misspelled "wine and caviar".
              SHHHHHHH!!! You're not helping!!

Comment

Years ago we went to Duck Key. I booked a day with a guide to fly fish for bonefish off Islamorada. It was about $600 with tip and all back then. A day or two later, M.C. wanted to go to Key West. She wanted to tour Ernest Hemingway's house. They wanted $10/head to get in. I asked her if she really wanted to blow $20 to see some old furniture and a bunch of 6-toed cats.

THAT was a BIG mistake! For some reason, it really lit her fuse. She thought it was kinda funny that I didn't have any problem spending $600 to catch ONE bonefish, but I didn't want to spend $20 on something she wanted to do. After some "calm" discussion on the street corner and maybe a couple left hooks and right uppercuts to my jaw, I began to see her point.

We went and visited the stupid 6-toed cats, and I made sure I enjoyed it immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  Years ago we went to Duck Key. I booked a day with a guide to fly fish for bonefish off Islamorada. It was about $600 with tip and all back then. A day or two later, M.C. wanted to go to Key West. She wanted to tour Ernest Hemingway's house. They wanted $10/head to get in. I asked her if she really wanted to blow $20 to see some old furniture and a bunch of 6-toed cats.

THAT was a BIG mistake! For some reason, it really lit her fuse. She thought it was kinda funny that I didn't have any problem spending $600 to catch ONE bonefish, but I didn't want to spend $20 on something she wanted to do. After some "calm" discussion on the street corner and maybe a couple left hooks and right uppercuts to my jaw, I began to see her point.

We went and visited the stupid 6-toed cats, and I made sure I enjoyed it immensely.
                  You're preaching to the choir. I made the mistake of having Jen help me inventory my guns a couple of years ago. I needed someone to input the information into the spreadsheet. When I was done, I knew I'd never be able to tell her "no" about anything she wanted to buy, ever again. Big mistake.

Hope y'all have fun on your trip. It's beautiful country.

Comment

You're preaching to the choir. I made the mistake of having Jen help me inventory my guns a couple of years ago. I needed someone to input the information into the spreadsheet. When I was done, I knew I'd never be able to tell her "no" about anything she wanted to buy, ever again. Big mistake.

Hope y'all have fun on your trip. It's beautiful country.
                    It would have been cheaper for you to hire a big accounting firm to inventory your guns.

Comment

Working...
                    X