?? remote control drone with camera??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?? remote control drone with camera??

I have never flown one nor been around one TBH. I would like to have one that I can fly above our trailer yard to take pics/vids to post online, FB and other social media. My lot is 150' wide by 300' deep, so it will not go to far in theory. Any good cost-effective solutions?

Amazon...……………..
    They got all kinds.... and prices...……….

Comment

I had one for under $100 that would do what your wanting. Records straight to phone

Comment

Bought my son one on Amazon fx 20 if I remember right.
        make sure you get one that self lands and self takes off

Comment

I can't tell you best value or performance or all that but my son has a GoPro branded drone with everything built-in and I'm always amazed when I see him fly it. The camera is crazy stable you wouldn't know it's flying. He chases me in the boat and 4 wheelers and such, durn thing is fast. It'll definitely do what you want but I think it was around $1k.

Comment

Hands down check out the Mavic Mini fly more kit for $500

I'm a novice and cut together this video in a day.

Comment

If you aren't going to use it often, might look into just hiring someone to do it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                If you aren't going to use it often, might look into just hiring someone to do it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                Which correctly brings up the point, even if shooting for yourself, an FAA commercial license is required.

Comment

Whatever drone you select I would suggest you buy one with a 3-axis gimbal. The 3-axis gimbal makes the video footage very stable. The Hubsan Zino is a great option. I have the Hubsan Zino Pro and love it!

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                    Whatever drone you select I would suggest you buy one with a 3-axis gimbal. The 3-axis gimbal makes the video footage very stable. The Hubsan Zino is a great option. I have the Hubsan Zino Pro and love it!
                    If Hubsan has their software issues figured out, the Zino is one of the few drones that are not DJI that seem pretty good, at a slightly better price.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      Which correctly brings up the point, even if shooting for yourself, an FAA commercial license is required.
                      How do you get that and whats the cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        How do you get that and whats the cost?
                        FAA Part 107 License

I think the 2 year license is currently $150. You have to go online and find an FAA testing facility... hopefully nearby.

If you take a ground school, online school or some apps, it will be more depending on the cost of training that you may choose to take. You can find all material online for free from FAA.

If it is a one time shot like for a web page, it might be better to find someone locally to do it. Maybe $75 or $100 (or maybe less especially if someone is just starting and looking for work to display) and have a few photos or video to use.

I took a very good online school at remotepilot101.com for $150 but it is lifetime access so I can use it to renew my license this December. Then buying a decent drive for $400 or more. So online school, license test and drone might run $700 or more. You can find all of the material online for free if you don’t mind reading a lot of information and maybe get into if for $500 or less.

For a one time website shot, I would probably hire someone. If it is something that you might update often or do something else commercially, it might be beneficial to get the license.

Comment

Working...
                        X