X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God bless

Comment

Praying that she feels better out of respect for your MIL....BUT

It is a complete joke to think that “Low’s” owes y’all anything. She needs to take responsibility for her “trip”.

That tile chip did not trip her up...plus there is a big piece of caution tape in front of it.

Sad to see all of the people jumping in with the mob...

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
        Praying that she feels better out of respect for your MIL....BUT

It is a complete joke to think that “Low’s” owes y’all anything. She needs to take responsibility for her “trip”.

That tile chip did not trip her up...plus there is a big piece of caution tape in front of it.

Sad to see all of the people jumping in with the mob...
        I agree with this. Why is Lowe’s responsible for her clumsiness?

Comment

I've got a friend that owns shopping centers, he got sued by a lady who slipped on an acorn, there are no oak trees on the property.

He also got sued because some punk kid was doing donuts in the parking lot at 3 am and hit a light pole

He also got sued because some lady went into a store and her kid jumped in the driver seat and ran the car into the building. The car hit the front counter and the worker behind the counter sued everyone.

The real problem is insurance will pay something on alot of these claims instead of fighting it, they throw out some stupid amount hoping for a fraction of the amount and normally get it because of the insurance companies.

Comment

Most importantly, take care and get her looked at. Suppose they have a follow-up for her after emergency room visit?

Surely Lowes is sweatin this. They may be calling, you be careful in all communications without an attorneys advice or presence

Comment

Prayers up for your MIL. Back in the 80's my little sister and I were running through Piggly wiggly with our hands in our coat pockets. She slipped on a loose tile and busted her chin open, requiring stitches. Mom and dad didn't expect anything from the store for our stupidity, but they paid the ER bill. Different situation, but kind of the same.

Comment

Praying your MIL recover and is able to return and purchase whatever she was shopping for.

Comment

Prayers up for her

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                    OP, I truly hope your MIL is ok, but I think it is total BS to try to get money or expect money from Lowe’s. She is old, she tripped and got hurt, sh$@ happens. Why should you expect them to be responsible. If she trips at home and falls who are you going to try to squeeze money out of......I just don’t get that way of thinking

They had yellow caution tape on the broken tile. It’s Lowe’s and they probably could have that fixed within 24 hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lowe’s - “can we offer you two 2x4s as compensation to make this go away”

Cha-Ching!

Comment

Is that piece of tile just missing or is it filled in the same depth as the grout?

Comment

I hope she feels better.
                          But this thread is sad. And I’m not referring to what happened to your MIL

Comment

WOW what a goose egg! OP, I truly hope that she will be ok and heals quickly with no other issues.

Comment

Prayers for mother in law hurt @ low’s

Prayers up for your MIL, OP!

Looking at the pic of the tile, I don’t see how the piece being broken has anything to do with this. All the tile is the same height above the concrete, both the broken one and all the unbroken ones. And there is caution tape across the entire opening to let folks know to be careful because there is a change of height. She could have just as easily tripped on any tile there, not just the broken one.

I am also of the sh** happens sometimes mentality, and don’t get the sue just because someone else has money mentality!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 04-29-2021, 07:08 AM.

Comment

And let one of those guys loved ones get seriously injured and they’d be calling the Texas Hammer. It’s one thing to file a “frivolous “ law suit, another to file a legit one. And that doesn’t mean that you follow through with a suit. It gets Lowe’s attention and brings em to the table. Can anyone here tell this man if there will be any long term ramifications for his mother in law?
                                My sons brain was injured in a stove fire 24 years ago. We took him to the pediatrician and got nebulizer treatments for his lungs and had to admit him. He had a collapsed lung. Stayed in hospital two weeks for chemical neumanitis. Got out and two weeks after that wife found him in his crib. He had a seizure, vomited, and aspirated that into his lungs. Went to hospital and he had a two and a half hour grand mall seizure that damaged his brain.
                                Fast forward. He developed epilepsy and we all struggled with that for 16 years. 2013 medicine was no longer holding seizures back. Had brain surgery. Seizures stopped and two years later he developed a psychosis that he still struggles with to this day because of the damaged area that was removed from his brain.
                                How much money is that worth to have your son or daughter or any loved one injured? I had all the same plans and dreams for my son that y’all have/had for yours and they were dashed in a moment.
                                So how much is it worth to you? $10,000,000? 100,000,000? The answer is zero! I’d give everything I have, including my life for our only child to be whole. I can’t go on with this.
                                Get a great lawyer, not a good one. Do your own research! Do not take someone’s else’s recommendation unless you research it first.
                                PM if I can help.
                                Last edited by Hogmauler; 04-29-2021, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X