Southeast Iowa Live..Come along for the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    I'm in, good luck bud. I've hunted around Memphis, MO a few times and hope to be back up there next year.
    Memphis is 36 miles from our front gate. It's got to be good hunting around there. Just south of Van Buren county, Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
      Memphis is 36 miles from our front gate. It's got to be good hunting around there. Just south of Van Buren county, Iowa.

yes sir, there are really good deer in the area, i went 3 years in a row on the week of halloween and had warm weather so never connected on anything. they have some really good deer on camera this year, i am going to do my best to get back up there next year.

Comment

I didn't hunt yesterday evening. The wind was howling behind the front that came through. This was the same front that created the tornado in Dallas. I did go pull a card from a camera that I put on a scrape about 150 yards behind the house. There is a pretty nice buck checking it. Big bodied deer !!

I will probably hunt this evening if the wind lays down. I might do a hang and hunt in an area on our place that I have never hunted before. We will see what the day brings.

Comment

Just got all caught up while sitting in my Krivoman watching the rocks grow!!! ������

Good luck!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

I am in the stand for my first morning hunt of the season.

I am back in the Terrace stand. I have not hunted this stand in several days. 45 degrees. Very light southeast breeze after two days of high winds. I didn't hunt the last two days with the gusty winds. The wind is not perfect for this stand but not that bad.

The deer should be up and moving this morning.

Let's see what happens.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Awesome morning to be in the stand.

Comment

Good luck.. you have a lot better view than my computer screen

Comment

Living through you right now.......best of luck this morning.

Rwc

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck! You have got it figured out! Multiple stand locations so you don't burn any of them out.

By the way, what app is that you're using with you stand locations, wind, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                          Good luck! You have got it figured out! Multiple stand locations so you don't burn any of them out.

HuntStand App

Comment

Saw two deer this morning. The doe in the picture and a buck moving thru the timber about 300 yards away.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post

Yes. The app is Huntstand.
                              A powerful hunting app with mapping, property boundaries, satellite imagery and valuable tools for hunters. Download now for iOS and Android.

Those stands are the ones on my place and my neighbors. I try to rest each stand for several days unless I see a deer in there that changes my mind.

I have a lot more hang and hunt stand sites on a big piece of public ground about 10 miles from our place.

Comment

I didn't expect much out this evening's hunt. The morning sit was real slow. I saw one doe and a buck way across one of the fields near my set.

I worked around the house all day. I planted some winter rye behind the house basically for erosion control and I thought about not going out because it was to late to get to most of my stands. At about 4:45 I decided to go back to the Terrace stand which is only about 300 yards from our house. I grabbed my safety harness and a camo jacket. I got in the stand a little after 5:00.

I had not seen anything until 6:30 when quite possibly the biggest buck I have seen from a stand came out of tall grass to my west and walked toward me on the terrace between the two fields. I got my bow off the hanger and got ready. At one point the buck was at 22-23 yards. Between my stand position and limbs in the way I could not get a shot.

When the buck got past me. I took a couple of pictures. You may be able to see the buck in the first picture on the left side of the terrace and in the second picture past the small Y shaped tree. In the third picture his head is down. I walked an extra 1/2 mile to get out to try not to spook him. He had headed right towards our house and in my path out. I am going to to go thru my pictures but I don't think I have a picture of this buck.

Comment

Working...
                                X