Grapevine 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a buck carcass and an arrow on thanksgiving

Sorry if you lost one. West side of 377. 14 inch inside spread. I took the skull and notified the warden. I can get you your arrow back if you contact me.

Comment

Originally posted by Newdude View Post
      Sorry if you lost one. West side of 377. 14 inch inside spread. I took the skull and notified the warden. I can get you your arrow back if you contact me.
      Why not give the head back too if they can identify the arrow

Comment

Finders keepers

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
          Finders keepers
          Really? If a fellow hunter lost a deer and I found it I would definitely give it back.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone else on the vine today?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Smacker View Post
              Really? If a fellow hunter lost a deer and I found it I would definitely give it back.

Ditto..... Take a pic - mark GPS and take the guy(if you find him) to get his deer. I have lost a couple of nice deer over the years - I wish someone would have found it and posted.

Comment

I got drawn this year and have had a few hunts, although was wanting to know if anyone has seen or heard of any good bucks taken off the Vine this season so far?

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                  Why not give the head back too if they can identify the arrow
                  Sure, they can have the head too. I know it is painful to lose a wounded animal and that some guys wouldn't want a reminder of that. I have not heard from anyone, so may be a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by public View Post
                    Ditto..... Take a pic - mark GPS and take the guy(if you find him) to get his deer. I have lost a couple of nice deer over the years - I wish someone would have found it and posted.
                    Ya, I've got the GPS. I figured they would want to know.

Comment

I understand if this info is something held close to the vest, so feel free to be as vague as y’all feel necessary.
                      This was my first year ever learning about/attempting deer hunting, was late to the Grapevine draw, but did some hog hunting and saw plenty deer on my cameras.
                      What time of the year do y’all start seeing deer shedding their antlers around here? I’m trying to make sure I’m not stomping around the woods too early and pushing any deer out of the area before they shed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

March usually, if it's a hard winter which we hardly have around here anymore of the buck is sick/run down they can shed earlier. I've seen healthy deer still with their antlers in late march

Comment

I did a little scouting at the Vine last weekend. I haven't stepped foot out there for 3-4 years now and really wanted to just go and see what sign I could find from last season, in hopes I get drawn this year! I found a pretty nice dead head and tons of rubs. I couldn't find any scrapes at all which was weird but I don't remember seeing that much in prior years. I primarily hunt the Grasslands and scrapes are everywhere!

I stuck a cell cam up and had a group of does come through that same night and then got a pretty nice buck! I'm heading back out today to hit some other areas and enjoy this beautiful weather!
                          Attached Files

Comment

As always troy, you are on them! Thanks for the report. One question...how did you get your spypoint link micro To send you pics? Mine quit after the trial period. I havent set up the replacement yet...using my tacticam instead.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                              As always troy, you are on them! Thanks for the report. One question...how did you get your spypoint link micro To send you pics? Mine quit after the trial period. I havent set up the replacement yet...using my tacticam instead.
                              I've had nothing but issues with this SpyPoint. I won't be buying any more; going to be trying Reveal Cams as everything I read about them is positive.

But I guess it's just setup in an area that gets cell signal. The problem is I have the $5/month plan that gives you 250 pictures but I'll get 250 pictures of nothing after like 2-3 days and then I have to wait until the month renews or buy the $10/month plan. I bought the higher plan the other day because my 250 was reached but it still hasn't taken any pictures which isn't normal. So now I'm worried it's not getting a signal (although the app shows that it is) but I've had that problem before.

So all that to say, I was getting signal fine, the app shows it has signal, but I haven't had a picture in a few days so I'm worried it's not getting signal. Very frustrating.

Comment

Troy, go walk in front of your cam and see if it sends you a pic. Then you will know.

Comment

Working...
                                X