• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
    at the vine who knows. I've stumbled upon some meth camps before
    I have had plenty of those encounters myself

Comment

I'm new here and was lucky enough to draw a tag out at Grapevine for the first time. I'm certainly not asking for anybody's secrets, but would anyone care to share tips on parking?

Can you park along US 377 where there aren't any no-parking signs?

The Corps Fort Worth District Hunting guide states the following:

"Vehicles must be parked on Corps designated areas or along roadsides on Corps
      property
      without blocking the passage of other vehicles or gate openings. Parking on
      other public roadways is at your own risk and contacting local law enforcement is
      recommended."

According to the maps, there is Corps land along 377, so the above statement makes me think I can park there as long as there is not a no-parking sign.

Any tips/pointers would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by SPaw View Post
        I'm new here and was lucky enough to draw a tag out at Grapevine for the first time. I'm certainly not asking for anybody's secrets, but would anyone care to share tips on parking?

property
        other public roadways is at your own risk and contacting local law enforcement is
        recommended."

According to the maps, there is Corps land along 377, so the above statement makes me think I can park there as long as there is not a no-parking sign.

I've never parked off of 377 but I've seen a lot of cars parked there with nobody getting paid. And that message above would tell me you're good. The problem is there's not a ton of places to park off of 377 but you should be able to find a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by SPaw View Post

property
          recommended."

There's a parking lot on the corner of 377 and Bobcat Blvd.
          Check the threads from previous years for other tips.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

This map is awful by the way.

The one on Arcgis is a little better, but I think I'm going to sign up for the Basemap app.

Comment

Who else is ready for opening day?! The weather looks BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

Beyond thick out there. Went out today. Smh..what was ankle tall last yr is now hip to chest high. Game changer.

Comment

A few years back I was drawn and wanted to get to a few spots that looked open/shorter grass on aerials but had to walk through 6-7 foot high weeds to get there. After I ran up on 2-3 cottonmouths, I retreated and decided it wasn't worth it. I hate snakes. There's got to be a way to hunt that place now that the vegetation has changed over the past 6-7 years. Hopefully you guys figure it out because I want to see a big one hit the ground! I personally think using a canoe or boat of some sort would be the ticket now.

Comment

I will get thru it on sun. Gona hunt the afternoon w my son and a buddy. Gona have to machete thru it.

Comment

Twas on and crackin this evening. Saw lots of animals. No shooters.

Comment

Hello, I am new to this forum. I’ve been in the area for about 6 years now. I came from the panhandle and hunted private land up there. I’ve touched my bow once since I’ve over here(Flower Mound) and I miss bow hunting! I’ve always been nervous about hunting public land but there are many opportunities to hunt public near me. I plan to get out next year and give it a go.......anybody willing to pm me so I can pick your brains on the matter. I’m not asking for your best tree to kill deer, I just have some questions about getting started on public land bow hunting around Grapevine and Lewisville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Oca_Jim3 View Post
                          Hello, I am new to this forum. I’ve been in the area for about 6 years now. I came from the panhandle and hunted private land up there. I’ve touched my bow once since I’ve over here(Flower Mound) and I miss bow hunting! I’ve always been nervous about hunting public land but there are many opportunities to hunt public near me. I plan to get out next year and give it a go.......anybody willing to pm me so I can pick your brains on the matter. I’m not asking for your best tree to kill deer, I just have some questions about getting started on public land bow hunting around Grapevine and Lewisville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          PM me!

Comment

Gona try to hit it again thurs afternoon if i get off work in time. Gona roll home grab my son and gear and roll. If my sons safety wasnt stuck on his xbow last week he could of easily took a doe or a 3 hogs. I passed on a spike. Saw more though. It was a great opener.

Comment

Well, I reckon its time I go ahead and dust of the cobwebs and test myself out at Grapevine this coming weekend/week.

Anyone know of primitive campgrounds? I will probably haul my camper up there later, but for now I will be using the suburban as homeless camp.

Comment

Drew grapevine this year for the first time. Went out scouting before the season just to check it out. Went out twice this week to a couple of spots and one of the locations I was going to hunt someone left his stand but removed his sticks. It was too low to setup below and I have a climber so I couldn't just use his. What is the acceptable etiquette for that. I've been surprised how much equipment is left up out there. Aren't they afraid someone will just take it?

Comment

Working...
                                X