No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2 are done and now we hunt! 14yo will try out for HS this year which dosen't seem possible! He didn't grow like I had hoped he would, but they're not going to outwork him so I think he has a shot at making JV. 11 yo is still like a baby giraffe and only the good lord knows if he'll be a ballplayer or not! It's sure been fun chasing these boys from park to park. Happy holidays to you all!

Comment

Tryouts tomorrow.
      Hes pretty much set but going to put in work anyway

Comment

Good luck

Comment

What a great weather day to get out and play around on the diamond. I always liked seeing the kids get back together after a break. Cool to see the fire back in their eyes.
          Good luck to all the kids trying out and hope they all land in a program that is fit for them

Comment

I am an Area Scout with the Kc Royals. I moved from Kansas and live in Mckinney. If anyone has any areas to bow hunt in Colin county or surrounding hunts i would gladly trade lessons/instructions for the ability to bow hunt around here!

Comment

Great day on the fields..
              I got video duty... recording all those trying out so they can reviewed and also for instructional purposes..
              About 300 kids for 7 to 13u..
              Tan did good ..was happy to be on field again with his buds.. and even though he was there with me from 9 till 4.. he still wanted to catch popups when we were all done.
              Love this game.
              Doing it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                Great day on the fields..
                I got video duty... recording all those trying out so they can reviewed and also for instructional purposes..
                About 300 kids for 7 to 13u..
                Tan did good ..was happy to be on field again with his buds.. and even though he was there with me from 9 till 4.. he still wanted to catch popups when we were all done.
                Love this game.
                Doing it again tomorrow

Dang. What organization and location was that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ballers out of montgomery .. multiple teams per age from aa to major.. had 120 kids just for 9u/10u.. everyone tries out/works out regardless if you were on a team previous season..
                  A lot of new kids wanting spots

Comment

Originally posted by KcRoyalsScout View Post
                    I am an Area Scout with the Kc Royals. I moved from Kansas and live in Mckinney. If anyone has any areas to bow hunt in Colin county or surrounding hunts i would gladly trade lessons/instructions for the ability to bow hunt around here!

You know Gene Watson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Ballers out of montgomery .. multiple teams per age from aa to major.. had 120 kids just for 9u/10u.. everyone tries out/works out regardless if you were on a team previous season..
                      A lot of new kids wanting spots
                      Man if you guys had that many kids trying out you must have it going on over there. I have been in the select world for years with some big organization and never seen 300 kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                        Man if you guys had that many kids trying out you must have it going on over there. I have been in the select world for years with some big organization and never seen 300 kids.
                        Think we're/their up to 18 teams now from 7u-13u
                        Last edited by systemnt; 12-08-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

When do most of you guys start tourneys. Got my kids HS schedule today and gonna get a box together this week of warm weather stuff. Adding 2 propane heaters this year.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            When do most of you guys start tourneys. Got my kids HS schedule today and gonna get a box together this week of warm weather stuff. Adding 2 propane heaters this year.
                            Practice start in jan.. think first tourney is in feb.. getting ready for SNIT in march..
                            Got two buddy heaters myself.

Comment

If y’all have some time to kill, these are Podcasts hosted by Don Myers of Travel Sports. They are pretty good. Check it out.

Comment

Thanks!
                                We have thewindup podcast here.. pretty good non-edited content on all aspects of travel ball..including the crazy
                                Listen to all these pretty regular on my commutes..

Comment

Working...
                                X