No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my kid is done unless he needs a few innings after Spring HS ball. You will hear all kinds of negative about the travel ball from folks. Just ignore it and enjoy it. Sure sometimes it’s a grind but lots of good family time as well. I think this Spring I will catch one more bullpen for the kid if I can. I’m to old and slow and can’t keep up with the movement but I’ll give it a go anyway.

Y’all keep it up I enjoy following.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      Got through first round playing horribly.. boys couldnt stop or throw a ball if their lives depended on it and could hit one if it was tied to the bat.
      Somehow our two weakest hitters got huge hits and we walked off a win

Second game much much better against a great salty team.....just came up short in 'overtime'..
      Thats a wrap for fall ball.

It hit him after the game and he teared up during the coaches speech..he loves this game.

Continuing his lessons and might do a camp till spring tryouts.

He did get a guy trying to steal home on him in the 'overtime' inning..
      https://youtu.be/FJr_hEyWBT0
      Poor kiddo pulled back on a suicide squeeze. Ouch.

Comment

Finished up with a couple wins - Not great, but not terrible. Still having fun with the Families that have assembled.

I can see travel ball being good for Families who have one kid, but I don't get how it could be for multiple kiddos, lol.

I am now constantly having to choose what events I have to miss, and I hate it. I have always been the at everything Dad, and that's just not possible as the kiddos have grown, and been on more competitive teams. My Daughter's don't want to be at the ballfield all day even if they have a strange off weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
          Very nice Dale! How old is he now?

TXJim's boys play for the Canes in Austin. They love it.

Make sure you know/research the coach...much more important than the cool threads.
          He's 8.

Tried out yesterday, got the offer to play this morning....now we wait.

I thought the tryout would be more "involved". They just hit some grounders at'em, threw some fly balls, and hit about 10 each in the cage. But I guess those guys can see what they want pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            Finished up with a couple wins - Not great, but not terrible. Still having fun with the Families that have assembled.

I can see travel ball being good for Families who have one kid, but I don't get how it could be for multiple kiddos, lol.

I am now constantly having to choose what events I have to miss, and I hate it. I have always been the at everything Dad, and that's just not possible as the kiddos have grown, and been on more competitive teams. My Daughter's don't want to be at the ballfield all day even if they have a strange off weekend.
            i hear ya, i coached logans 4th grade football this year and only got to see parts of brocks games because of it and it drive me crazy lol.

looks like logan is making a move for baseball this spring too, just got off the phone with his coach, we are leaving the 9u generals and joining the 10u texans. logan is a may birthday and has been playing with is age but not his grade, so we are jumping up to play with his grade, he also wants more time to play basketball so the move makes more sense. the texans are coached by the coaches i coached football with and there are 6 kids from the football team there so the move should be easy.

brocks dallas mustangs team has come together pretty well this fall, i will admit i was missing playing games but they gave gotten a ton of reps and some great coaching. regardless of how the team does in the spring i know brock has gotten better this fall and look forward to the coaching and practices in the spring, winning games will be gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              He's 8.

I thought the tryout would be more "involved". They just hit some grounders at'em, threw some fly balls, and hit about 10 each in the cage. But I guess those guys can see what they want pretty quick.
              i think at that age they can tell pretty quick who they want lol. if he can catch and make contact he is probably above the cut line.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                i think at that age they can tell pretty quick who they want lol. if he can catch and make contact he is probably above the cut line.
                Yup.. tracking a ball and showing desire helps too..

Comment

Fall ball is over time for a break and get in the woods before tryouts in December. This will be my last spring season coaching select ball son will be going to HS next year. I’m glad and sad at the same time as I have a lot of hours on the diamond preparing my boys for HS, but now it’s time for me to focus just on my son after the spring season. Take a break guys the kids need it enjoy the holidays with family and don’t worry about baseball until January.

Comment

We finally wrapped up the fall season with a tournament win over a very good team from Lufkin. It’s time to focus on all things outdoors. There are ducks and bucks to be killed and fish to be caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      He's 8.

You can tell in about 10 throws,catches, and swings if a kid can play. When I coached high school baseball we could pretty much make 90% of our cuts while watching them play catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Academy is selling all of their A2000, and high end Rawlings and Easton gloves that say “DISPLAY” or “SAMPLE” on them for $50 right now

Comment

Well my kid has a Winter Camp just before he starts his HS season and I think that will be it with his organization unless he needs to get a few innings. He has had a good run and it should be good times ahead. Excited to move on but will miss some of the kids I have seen over the years.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Well my kid has a Winter Camp just before he starts his HS season and I think that will be it with his organization unless he needs to get a few innings. He has had a good run and it should be good times ahead. Excited to move on but will miss some of the kids I have seen over the years.
                            Man love that balance and toe down. I have been teaching that for years stride out and get downhill. When the toe goes up head goes back and arms slot gets outside hard to break on most kids. Good luck to him!

Comment

Originally posted by CooterBrown View Post
                              Academy is selling all of their A2000, and high end Rawlings and Easton gloves that say “DISPLAY” or “SAMPLE” on them for $50 right now
                              Well this just made me spend $100. Lol. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                                Big tall kid looks intimidating on the bump! Good luck to him and I've sure enjoyed following his progress on here!

Comment

Working...
                                X