2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    everyone i know that has done the MSM has said it was a blast. nobody put one together for our middle school and i found out about it right after the deadline or i would have tried to get it together.

ive seen how much great pub MSM has gotten around DFW the last few years and wonder why we all just dont go with the little league or dixie league model where kids play representing their hometown, with all their friends...?

all you hear about is how much fun they had playing MSM yet monday afternoon everyone is back playing with their select teams with kids from everywhere...
    Yep, I'm afraid that ship has sailed but there are a few bucking the system. I just saw a post on FB North Texas Baseball VS. The World about boycotting Triple Crown tourneys because of the stupid costs. Tons of teams in DFW have been avoiding USSSA tourneys due to the crappy way most are run in this area and the cost associated with it. Lots of teams are organizing their own Double Headers in lieu of tournaments.

There is definitely a need for change but I don't know if you ever could get this horse back in the barn. It should be mandated to play within your town until you are 12U or so, but that will never happen....mainly due to $$$ and the rest due to parents.
    Last edited by ShockValue; 11-14-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
      Luke played in Middle School Matchup tournament last weekend. This is a one time a year tourney that gets 6-8th graders at the same school and plays against other schools.

Because of how crazy select ball (and parents) is, we had 10 kids from one middles school that play on 9 different select teams.

They all came together and played loose and joked around...it was awesome. I couldn’t recommend this enough if you have kids this age and enough to organize a team at your school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That sounds awesome!

Comment

Both of mine are down to their last weekend of the fall. Man this season seemed to go by faster than ever. My youngest will be 11u come spring and my 14yo will have high school tryouts. He's 14 until August and tiny, but has worked hard and can finally swing that BBCOR with decent bat speed. It's almost time to restx and hunt for all of us! Lol

Comment

It has been crazy how much steam the MSM has gotten in our area. Very frustrating to see the kids from the same school / nearby schools getting to play together and wondering what if …

We got into select ball for competition reasons only. If all these kids that were part of this Middle School thing were to join up in little league, we would have a completely different feel / landscape.

We just did the DH league in Frisco. Made it to the Championship game in the post season tournament. Jax has played great defense at SS / 2nd / CF. He still doesn't have much power, but he is having fun with this group.

We are having a wooden bat tourney this weekend. Our only tourney of the Fall, and it has been great.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            That sounds like a blast!

Brady is trying out Sunday, with Canes organization, for next spring. I’m ready to see him play in his own age group for the first time next year.

Very nice Dale! How old is he now?

TXJim's boys play for the Canes in Austin. They love it.

Make sure you know/research the coach...much more important than the cool threads.

Comment

Msm sounds cool ..going to have to look into that in the future.

Got our last tourney of FB this weekend... 8am and 9:45am game.and its gonna be cold
              Last edited by systemnt; 11-14-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Last tourney of fall ball and coldest..
                Funfunfun.

Comment

#donotenvy

Haha good luck

Comment

Wasnt too bad.
                    Boys competed against a major throw together team..came up short with some early inning walks they couldnt quite recover from.
                    Second game was a blowout..boys decided to have fun and blew through the lineup first AB..
                    Tan caught well today as usual..had a little fun at the plate and got to actually run his bases (usually pinch ran for so he can get his gear on).which he was excited about to the point he almost got picked off at 3rd a dozen times..comin up grinning
                    Nailed in the back..again.. laughed and shook his head on way to first
                    Hes not all there

See where we seed tomorrow.

Buddy heaters are a saviour.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Wasnt too bad.
                      Boys competed against a major throw together team..came up short with some early inning walks they couldnt quite recover from.
                      Second game was a blowout..boys decided to have fun and blew through the lineup first AB..
                      Tan caught well today as usual..had a little fun at the plate and got to actually run his bases (usually pinch ran for so he can get his gear on).which he was excited about to the point he almost got picked off at 3rd a dozen times..comin up grinning
                      Nailed in the back..again.. laughed and shook his head on way to first
                      Hes not all there

See where we seed tomorrow.

Buddy heaters are a saviour.

Where y’all playing?

Comment

We played two games today, won with combined score of 27-0. First seed for tomorrow

Hope the bats stay hot.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                          Where y’all playing?

Bbusa.
                          Got 9:45 start tomorrow..

Vehicles got broke into tonight by field1...(i read on fb)

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Got through first round playing horribly.. boys couldnt stop or throw a ball if their lives depended on it and could hit one if it was tied to the bat.
                              Somehow our two weakest hitters got huge hits and we walked off a win

Second game much much better against a great salty team.....just came up short in 'overtime'..
                              Thats a wrap for fall ball.

It hit him after the game and he teared up during the coaches speech..he loves this game.

Continuing his lessons and might do a camp till spring tryouts.

He did get a guy trying to steal home on him in the 'overtime' inning..

Comment

Forgot to mention the amount of trash can banging there was at the park this weekend... it was insane.
                                Started out being funny..walking by a 8u coach pitch game and hearing trashcans being hit..
                                Then it got annoying when every field had it going on... really started to make it hard for our batters to hear our trashcan..
                                Rumors of wifi'd gopros in centerfield too..but nobody can prove nuttin cuz i disguised it to look like a squirrel..

Comment

Working...
                                X