Ram 2500 Vibration/shake at 70mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally getting irritated with this truck. 2015 ram 2500 cummins. It shakes at 70-75 mph. Anyone else experiencing it? Have you fixed it, what was the cause and what fixed it? I already know, drive below 70 and it wont shake, but i hate to drive slow on the interstate and cause a wreck or get ran over. Any help would be appreciated.

I haven't had the shake on my 2017 but have heard of others. It could be a number of things but one thing I know is this from from Rough Country could help. One of my employees installed it on his and I recently did on mine as well, along with their dual steering stabilizer. Made a big difference on both of our trucks.

Comment

I had a vibration in my 2016 2500, ended up finding a bent aluminum wheel.
      Now it has a bunch of weights on it.

Comment

I had the same issue on a 2014 and now on my 2016. I know the problem is one of my rims, the same as it was on my 2014. I do agree though, it is very annoying.

Comment

I have owned numerous ram products. I bought an 18 ram 2500 power wagon. It shook so bad I much I ended up throwing a walled eye fit. It went into the shop 18 times. Finally just got it bought back last week. First ram I have had that I was unhappy with.

Comment

Mine does it too. It didn’t do it with factory wheels and tires. I put some 20” aftermarket rims, bilsteins and 35-12.50s on it and a leveling kit and now it will shake your teeth loose at 75. I had it balanced a bunch of times. Sometimes it helped for a little while and then back to shaking. I hate it. A guy at a truck accessory place said the leveling kit could have the compressed the front springs and thought it would be best to take it out and do a spring lift with Fox shocks. He had a reference of another guy that said he did that and his rode smooth on the same truck. Mine is a 14 model 2500

Comment

Head over to the cummins forum. There is a huge discussion about it over there.

Mine doesn’t have that issue so I haven’t read the thread.

Before you go putting band aids on it, try to correct the symptom first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you end up replacing parts, get away from OEM parts, id look into thuren parts / suspension, some of the best out there for the solid axle trucks.
                We Sell Direct! Shop our line of High Performance, Highest Quality Off-Road suspension, specializing in Dodge Ram trucks. From improving your daily driving street ride, to all out Off-Road performance, we have you covered!

Comment

Trade it in on a Ford. Thats what I did and that fixed my problems.

I remember Discount telling me tires are only balanced up to 60 mph.......but that was a few years ago.

Comment

My shake went away after I ditched the factory firestones.

Comment

How many of y’all are running leveling kits? Only 37k on mine but no shakes but don’t want to start going down this road.

The coil spring setup lends itself to issues but typically when the Geometry is changed. Search death wobble in Jeeps. Exact same suspension setup just way heavier duty in the Cummins

Comment

Ours is bone stock. Just had to put 2 new tires on it, and it still shakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a shake on mine when I was running cooper St maxx. Other than that it was bone stock. Never could balance them. Have them road force balance and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Trade it in on a Ford. Thats what I did and that fixed my problems.

I remember Discount telling me tires are only balanced up to 60 mph.......but that was a few years ago.

It all depends on what you have on your old truck vs your new truck. I had a 2008 ram 2500 Cummins with a 8 inch lift and it drove good for what it was. I sold that truck and bought a stock 2017 F-250 and it drove way better than my 08 on 37’s. After 1500 miles I went from stock Michelin’s to toyo open country MT’s and the truck pulled like crazy to the right. It pulled so bad that I had to pay $300 for a repair to make it drive straight.

Long story short trading it in on a ford won’t fix a problem for everyone.

Comment

I had a ram 2015 dually no vibration/ shake what so ever. Traded for a ram 2016 dually 70-75 mph vibration was horrible. If nobody was sitting in passenger seat you had to hold seat back it was so bad. Spent about $2,000 trying new tires, rotate, balance, balancing bead no help. Dealer even tried new drive shaft with no effect. They finally said it was tires, however the factory tires and new tires both did it. I traded it for a new ford and couldn't be happier.

Comment

Working...
                              X