No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to finally get out to the lease and fill up the feeders for the upcoming season. Y'all seen any deer out there in East/Southeast Anderson County?

Comment

No bucks yet, a couple of my resident does with fawns and lots of hogs. Got rid of 3 hogs these last two weekends. thought they might stay away after being shot at, but they came right back. Saving money to put up feeder pen.

Comment

All of mine were still in velvet as of Saturday when I checked cards. I would imagine it will be a different story by this weekend.

Comment

I pulled my card saturday. Either camera or card is messed up. Notta on card, and hand corn gone....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My bucks have all gone incognito at the feeders too behind my house. Haven't been down to the south end of the county to check those yet... Acorns are starting to drop so I'm sure that is part of my issue at home even though my back feeder is in the middle of several big mature oaks with acorns on them...

Comment

Couple hard antlered bucks now. Had a nice buck come in yesterday evening 20 yds and skirted me. Boar came in shortly after and about ran me over. Not even deer season and I had buck fever yesterday!

Comment

Mostly hard horned in Gregg Co. now. Starting to see the browse line on the beauty berry, but deer still hitting the corn piles steady. Millions of hogs still in Cass/ Marion. My target buck is MIA again
                But here’s one with potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

All of my bucks are hard horned except for this one.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Found a lot of fresh rubs Saturday so some are shedding out. Acorns are thick as I have seen on some oaks not all and the pecans are looking heavy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      Thanks, guys. Thats good to know.

The place next to Romo’s? I guess I need to try it.
                      There is a bar that opened a while back in that area across the Whataburger that I have had some good meals. The last one was a bit off, but will give them another chance before I write em’ off.

J

Comment

Thought the bucks weren't coming back till this young one showed up tonight. Won't be after him, but nice to see him anyway.

Comment

Put up my feeder and cams at the end of July and had deer at one feeder by August 4th. 2 non shooter bucks, then a few pigs and coons showed up. 2nd cam had tons of pictures but I placed the cam to close to feeder and too high to see anything. Should have checked before I left. Re-positioned cam and set out 3rd cam on south lane and then didn't come back until mid August, saw the pictures, but did some work and didn't get any shots at the hogs or coons when I sat in stand. Came back up last weekend and now have a herd of 8 hogs ranging from small to large coming to both feeders every day, and NO deer anymore. Sat out but worked each day as well and saw nothing.

We are going up again this weekend and are going to hunt Friday night and Saturday morning before doing any work or even going to the lane to see if I can pop some hogs.

Will post pics from second trip later.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Pictures have been pretty slow on our Cherokee Co place so far. Anytime we put corn out it loads up with pigs so I have stopped feeding all together and just running old school hunting tactics. Once acorns start dropping I’ll be able to dial in a couple of trees that will be good, but for now I’ll just do what I always do and wing it. Between a demanding work schedule and a tournament fishing schedule that seemed never ending I was pretty slow getting started but I had some pretty good info to go off of. I won’t be home until the 3rd day of bow season, but it’ll be wide open every day for 14 when I get there. Best of luck to all of y’all this year.

Comment

Short pens Jooger..Short pens.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                Short pens Jooger..Short pens.

You x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X