Three Rivers Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Rivers Oklahoma

Did some research on Three Rivers WMA in south east Oklahoma. It's over 200,000 acres and is owned by Weyerhaeuser timber company. The tags/license cost $280 for nonresident then you need a land use permit which is $80. You get 6 deer for archery. You can also camp anywhere within the area. I want to drive up and camp out of my truck for a week and do nothing but hunt.

I plan on making a trip up that way next year maybe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll let you know what I end up doing.

Comment

We took a mini vacation up there for a weekend in August and man did we see a lot of deer. I think it would be a super experience with the huge ravines and mature tree. Very beautiful country for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Oklahoma public land hunting makes a lot of sense for a lot of Texas residents. I'll just leave it at that.

Comment

We use to hunt hickory creek wma near Ardmore ok killed Many of amazing deer I miss hunting that place!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I went for opening day. Saw 1 deer on the drive and 1 deer in the stand. Sat all day. Crazy coyote roll call out there. I saw 2 coyotes while sitting also.

Comment

Anyone done any hunting up that way this year? I hunt across the highway from that. Awesome part of the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by robert.33805 View Post
                  Anyone done any hunting up that way this year? I hunt across the highway from that. Awesome part of the world

How's the turkey hunting?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great area to go trailing around and just enjoying nature and a nice getaway, as long as its not deer season.

The woods get pretty full with the locals and deer season is a national holiday up there. I was sitting on the porch of a cabin that we had rented drinking a couple of coffee opening morning. I was not sure at first if the deer were armed or what the heck was going on but it sounded like a war in them there hills.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                      How's the turkey hunting?

Extremely tuff, if you want to hunt public Turkeys in Oklahoma, go out west.

Comment

Got it

Comment

Soooo Don't waste my time making a trip up there for deer next year?
                          I've been doing some research on this place and was thinking of trying it next season.

Comment

Originally posted by 300rem7 View Post
                            Great area to go trailing around and just enjoying nature and a nice getaway, as long as its not deer season.

The woods get pretty full with the locals and deer season is a national holiday up there. I was sitting on the porch of a cabin that we had rented drinking a couple of coffee opening morning. I was not sure at first if the deer were armed or what the heck was going on but it sounded like a war in them there hills.
                            Yeah don’t go during the Rifle are muzzleloader season.If your archery hunting.

Comment

Is archery season worth the trip from Houston?

Comment

Working...
                              X