No announcement yet.

2020 Austin/Colorado/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.75 yesterday at my place by the lake. Sure hope this weekends predictions hold true. Maybe another 2 to 3 inches. i need about 10 to 15 inches to get my tank back to full.

Comment

We got a little over an inch from what I saw on Wunderground's weather history. Our pond needs some water too.

Comment

with the last couple of weeks of rain, we've gotten about 6-inches in Cat Spring. Pond is looking a lot better and the grass is green. Haven't seen any fawns on our cameras yet. Heck, haven't seen any bucks either.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
          with the last couple of weeks of rain, we've gotten about 6-inches in Cat Spring. Pond is looking a lot better and the grass is green. Haven't seen any fawns on our cameras yet. Heck, haven't seen any bucks either.
          That's not a bad thing if you ask me. On the last two properties I've hunted, we had very little buck activity during the spring & summer, but would see a lot of different bucks during hunting season. What's there during hunting season is what matters to me .

Comment

That’s what I keep telling my son. If the dies are there, the boys will come calling eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
              That’s what I keep telling my son. If the dies are there, the boys will come calling eventually.
              Yes sir.

Comment

They trying to eat my pumpkins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Somebody teach buzzbait how to resize a picture!!!!!!

Comment

What you talking about Willis? They are fine on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd say this is accurate. Our pond filled up pretty soon after we had it dug (early last year), and it's lower now than it's ever been. Grass isn't looking too good either.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                        I'd say this is accurate. Our pond filled up pretty soon after we had it dug (early last year), and it's lower now than it's ever been. Grass isn't looking too good either.
                        It is awful dry here at the farm. We just moved back after being down in the greater Houston area for the last 4 years, and man am I ever happy to be back out here we start the beginning stages of moving the business up on Wednesday, getting the new warehouse set up for the movers to be able to drop off a load for us to start arranging. So I haven’t been spending a whole lot of time working on the hunting side of things. I did get some lanes mowed on a crisscross pattern in the creek bottom on Saturday

As it stands, I doubt I get much bow time in this year. I haven’t had the chance to shoot in months, and haven’t climbed up the ladder stand since last year. I’ll probably just focus on getting a couple acres planted next month and spray some compost tea on it for a few weeks in preparation for rifle season with my wife and kids. But either way, it’s good to be back here permanently I need to go check the cameras and check and see if any of the bucks from last year have moseyed through lately

Comment

I set my stand up yesterday, trimmed limbs, etc. Not much else to do now besides wait. Less than two months until game day .

Comment

Its so hot right now, not much moving. Thankful for the rain last weekend. now that the house construction is done, hopefully we'll see some more activity.

Comment

We were having does come through every day, twice a day, but with this heat they are only coming at night right now. I did see what appeared to be a decent up and comer, but havent seen him in a few weeks and never did get him on camera.

As for the drought situation, we are doing okay for now. Seems like the rain misses us more often then not, but when it does rain it seems to be decent showers. So that helps get through the heat for a few more weeks.

As a whole, hoping for a good season. Ready to sell off our calfs and plant some food plots and see what shows up later this year. Had a nice 4 yr old last year that I hope comes back. If he gained a decent bit he’ll be a very nice one this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I put my cameras out yesterday and it looked like feeders were getting hammered by the deer and raccoons! Hope to see see a few friendly faces on the first camera pull.

Comment

Working...
                                X