2020 Austin/Colorado/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Austin/Colorado/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Figured I'd make it more geographically "square" this time. I ended up having two shooters on camera this past season. Saw one in person in October, but wasn't able to get a shot. That deer clued me in to a scrape that's being used pretty regularly by both bucks & does, so we'll see what happens this year...

Ive been interested in leasing something in Austin or Colorado counties. something like 50 acres up to a couple hundred just to bow hunt all season on. Currently i hunt out past Junction and getting out there from Houston can be challenging at times due to work. But having something an hour out of Houston would be great. The issue is i never hear of anything coming up in those counties or know land owners to ask to hunt their smaller properties...

Comment

I'll be reconfiguring my setup for next season. I had a ton of action under some pecan trees that I couldn't even see during general season when my wife was hunting. Overall next season is looking great if the deer I've had on camera in the last 3-4 weeks make it...overall if my memory is correct, we had 13 different bucks cruise through looking for hot does, and 4-5 of those are regular visitors. We will mend the fences and have cattle back at the creek this year, and keep them out of the front pasture where the house and conference center are, to keep from having to clean up after the cows before guests arrive. So I will also be moving the feeders up by the front tank and setting a ladder stand up amongst the oaks to take advantage of the new "cattle free zone" up there with easy access

Comment

My son killed a solid 8 pt behind the house and my other son killed a nice 8 pt on the river bottom at his girlfriend's property. Deer have started feeding at night. I still have 3 MLD tags but no deer to shoot. Oh well.

Comment

My Dad was at our place last week and said he saw two bucks chasing does. Like, mouths open, running, chasing does.

Comment

Looks like we all should have gotten some rain this past Friday & Saturday. The couple Wunderground weather stations I checked close to the lake (Fayette County) were showing around 2.25". Things were definitely getting dry at our place.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
              Looks like we all should have gotten some rain this past Friday & Saturday. The couple Wunderground weather stations I checked close to the lake (Fayette County) were showing around 2.25". Things were definitely getting dry at our place.
              Dumped 2" out east of Muldoon yesterday.

Comment

Thought we were going to get some good rain today, but it ended up amounting to nothing more than a sprinkle. With the way it looked, you would have thought you were in Nebraska waiting for a storm front to hit. Definitely frustrating. I haven't seen any fawns on camera just yet, but I noticed one of the does had a big belly. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Comment

Hailed two different times at my place by the lake today but didn't even get a 10th of an inch of rain.

Comment

Rained this evening. Right after spraying some aquatic herbicide on some lilies. Was about to spray for the summer food plot but it starting to get windy.

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                        Hailed two different times at my place by the lake today but didn't even get a 10th of an inch of rain.
                        That's freaking weird.

Comment

We’re getting some rain in between West Point and Muldoon. I haven’t checked to see how much yet, I’ll be there tomorrow evening through Friday and I’m sure it’ll be a mess. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I have five that show up every evening. Going to see what we got in William Penn this weekend.

Comment

4 inches around the warda area

Comment

Working...
                              X